Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Get out of Westgate Resorts (by KC):

jessicaj201 wrote:
Im looking to get rid of this timeshare. I read somewhere in this group someone used the Legacy program....now does it work. I am also trying to get rid of this timeshare, I awful regret. I don't know where to begin and I don't want to mess up my credit.

Westgate (aka Wastegate) "Legacy" program is essentially a "deedback" option, adopted only during the past year (DRI and Wyndham also now have "deedback" programs). As with any timeshare company, there must be no unpaid loan balance and no unpaid maintenance fees in order to even be eligible for consideration. In the case of Westgate, you also have to pay them $950.00 (it may be even more now, but that's the last figure I know of). They will walk you through details of relinquishing your deed. Contact Wastegate directly if you are eligible and further interested. If you have any unpaid loan balance or unpaid maintenance fees, don't even bother --- no developer or resort will consider a deedback request until / unless the account is completely paid up and current.

Good luck.