Comments

ask-redweek-wyndham-guest-cancellations

Oct 05, 2021

I am pleased with this policy. It enables us, as owners, to use the units during busy times, instead of the units being rented by mega-renters. Wyndham does make an exception for up to two guest reservations during those restricted times, so we can send family twice. That should be enough for those who are not doing this for a business.

Paul J.
Oct 06, 2021

Does this apply to units rented thru RCI?

Madelyn CS
Oct 11, 2021

Before reading the above message about Wyndham, I thought WYNDHAM was Superior to other time share companies...BUT now I'm ashamed to say I'm a Wyndham owner. What a terrible thing to do to un-expecting travelers who in good faith purchased my Timeshare just to have it taken away. They wind up with no vacation and extra money spent to get there....SHAME ON ALL THE BIG WIGS AT WYNDHAM** Phyllis Bain** EMBARRASSED OWNER

Phyllis B.

Last edited by phyllisb120 on Oct 11, 2021 03:36 PM

Oct 24, 2021

I’m so down for a class action. We paid to use our timeshare are we want to. Why give us guest confirmations we cannot use or charge us for guest confirmations if we cannot use them. If we cancel less that 15 day we forfeit our points but if Wyndham cancel with there is no penalty has is that fair. Also Changing developer and resale points when there was never anything saying you’d be penalized for points.

Monique W.
Oct 26, 2021

Could this be a breach of contract?

Could owners bring a Class Action Law Suit against Wyndham and get their money back?

I paid over $30,000 for my Wyndham Timeshare.

Vacation Travel
Oct 26, 2021

The truth is Wyndham makes more profits when an owner uses their timeshare and they then have the opportunity to make another sale by upgrading them while they are there. Neither COVID nor the lack of availability due to MEGA Renters has anything to do with this. It was mandated by the Senior VP of Sales after he did a study on profit based on which type of guests stays on property and which type generates the most revenue for the company, and it's not guests or renters: OWNERS Win every time. They are greedy and their only interests lie in their pay checks and stock prices. It's time for owners to put their foot down with these people NOW!!! We won't even get into Extra Holidays and them allowing rentals there, but nowhere else!

Brent B.
Oct 26, 2021

I don’t think Wyndham is a good buy. You need huge amounts of points to get family size accommodations and huge amounts of points means huge maintenance fees.

Bruce K.
Oct 26, 2021

Wyndham is merely a ponzi pyramid scheme.

Susan D.
Oct 26, 2021

Wyndham has continued to do everything they can to make things worse for owners. Since we couldn't use all of our points because of Covid, I booked several reservations (we are entitled to 30 guest certificates) to rent out on RedWeek. I have been constantly changing reservations to accommodate Wyndham's restrictions. Even when I have booked a reservation which was not on their restricted list, I was told that was a mistake on Wyndham's part and the date should have been on the restricted list. I can't win. It's been very confusing, and Wyndham has made it difficult for owners to access the information about the restrictions. I wish there was something owners could do; it seems like they promised owners "rights" and take them away at their discretion. I'm also in for a class action lawsuit. I'm so disgusted with Wyndham! Who wants to start this class action lawsuit? Anyone know how it works?

Barbara P.
Oct 27, 2021

I am interested in informing other owners of the Wyndham integrity problem since the furthest I get is owner care that keeps repeating ridiculous talking points. I own over 2 million company purchased Wyndham Points (not resale). When I would tell the sales person I did not want to upgrade because I could not travel that much they always said you could rent units to help cover maintenance fees. Now Wyndham is changing all that. I called owner care very upset as I saw a few weeks booked as rentals falling into the no guest period. I made the adjustments to the reservation. Yesterday I realized Wyndham blocked off another set of dates for Guests. I was on the phone with owner care for an hour and all they would continually say is "we are looking out for our owners". Told them I paid premium money for my ownership and all reservations should be respected. There is availability for bookings in March that have been blocked for guests. There is no recourse as owner care says they are the end of the line. The Wyndham updates for blocking guests look like something a 3rd grader would put together, often duplicative. The new Wyndham rules make me appreciate my elite HGVC membership. With my extensive timeshare points I have a lot of contacts in the timeshare world. I will advise all present Wyndham owners not to upgrade and future timeshare people to go somewhere else. This was poor planning on Wyndham's part. Although it would still be wrong they could have made a simple reservation rule such as no guest reservations would be honored unless made within 8 months of stay. The only other possibility is Wyndham has over sold their membership. Owners with points they can not use will just lose them. Wyndham has just withdrawn itself from the honesty and integrity rank of timeshares such as Hilton. Mike Brown should know better. I remember him when he was CEO of HGVC. Does the Guest block apply to Wyndham's Extra Holiday rental program? Most of the people complaining about owners renting units are those that wait until 4 months out to book. I believe the real problem here is Wyndham's overselling of points is outpacing Wyndham adding inventory or they want owners who are easier to upgrade than guests buying into Wyndham. Very happy with my HGVC ownership.

Joe D.

Last edited by joed184 on Nov 25, 2021 05:47 PM

Oct 27, 2021

This is a very frustrating time for Wyndham timeshare owners. I truly wonder if the timeshare giant is going to go out of business. So many owners, especially the VIP owners who own more than they occupy, and also the ones who make repeat purchases are the most unhappy with Wyndham's onerous new random policy changes. I'm afraid they are under new management (CEO) and that he or other administrators is leading the company in the wrong direction. I feel somewhat stuck at present, but will keep watch on further developments.

Ann G
Oct 27, 2021

We had this experience and I actually had to go to Bonnet Creek to sign my son and his family in at the resort. They had cancelled prior reservations in his (guest) name. This happened 3 times in the process. It was a real mess and at minimum cost me a round trip airfare to Orlando to execute their Disney vacation staying at Bonnet Creek. Frustrated and concerned about a future reservation that I plan to convert to a Guest Reservation at Wyndham Clearwater Beach for next spring.

Paul E.

Last edited by paule337 on Oct 27, 2021 12:47 PM

Oct 28, 2021

I think there should be a class action Law Suit. If in New York contact the attorney general

Alan P.
Nov 01, 2021

It seems as those who were encouraged to buy excessive points through Wyndham Developer sites (option to rent unused points) are disadvantaged by those who purchased cheap Wyndham Points on EBAY. Lesson learned the hard way. It would be nice if they could list a comprehensive Resorts and guest blackout dates. Blackout dates listed for each Resort. The current listing of Resort black out dates is extremely unprofessional.

Joe D.

Last edited by joed184 on Nov 02, 2021 05:48 AM

Nov 03, 2021

I never purchased from Wyndham, but am now captive to their terrible owner care. My timeshare week has been sold to a new management company, twice, with the current owner being Wyndham. I enjoyed my timeshare ownership prior to Wyndham taking over, but I've been treated as a "second class citizen" by Wyndham from day one since I have never purchased any points from them and never intend to. Renting it through them was a rip-off with their huge percentage and not renting it out for the entire week. Maybe after the pandemic winds down I can finally sell it.

Curtis S.
Nov 12, 2021

Is anyone aware of a class action lawsuit being filed and how someone can become a member of the class

Daniel E.
Nov 15, 2021

We are platinum owners. We were sold on getting more points so we can rent out units to cover our maintenance fees. The sales people actually sat there and told us what units would rent for and what locations would be the best to rent from. This sales pitch was given to us over and over and over and over and over. Years of hearing this sales tactic we are in well over 1 million points and we can't do what they sold us on being able to do. WE ARE 100% IN ON A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!!!

Megan C.
Nov 25, 2021

Anyone interested in pursuing the Wyndham guest policy please send an email to wyndhamguest@protonmail.com

Reply will come back as "Wyndham Guest Block"

Joe D.

Last edited by joed184 on Nov 25, 2021 06:19 PM

Dec 27, 2021

Sandra, tried to contact you through Redweek but they said they needed your user nae or ore identifiable information. Thanks for the FL AG information - 7033284403

sandran38 wrote:
Owners can/should also file complaints with the Florida Attorney General. If enough people do this, maybe the Fla. AG will do something. Go to myfloridalegal.com, then click "general complaints." You can file the complaint form online or download an Adobe Acrobat version and mail it in to the address on the website.

Joe D.
Mar 04, 2022

Another wrinkle. Recently arrived for my vacation, having booked a 1 bedroom unit 20 months ago, only to be told that no 1-bedroom was available and my reset would be downgraded. In fact, I wasn’t even informed at check-in — they just sent me to the alternate unit. When I returned to reception to correct the “mistake” they told me it was no mistake - the resort was at capacity and my reservation was “impacted.” I am a Silver VIP owner. So what ! Very poor policy and procedures.

Wendy V.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.