General Discussion

buy timeshare

Oct 04, 2022

If you are buying a timeshare and think you'll rent it to help "WRONG". If you are buying a timeshare and have young children and will use it for the next 15+ years then MAYBE. Timeshares are about 2 things " Location Location Location" and the the time week. I have had my timeshare since 1999. I own a Holiday ( Christmas or New Years Eve) week in Cabo San Lucas. Have been more than Happy with it. Yes it cost more when I purchased it but I have used it more than 70% of the time. When I haven't I have been able to rent it or Let friends use it. Timeshares can be a lot of money if you are not going to use it 70% of the time "DO NOT BUY IT!!!"

James C.
Oct 04, 2022

I own a deeded week in Las Vegas strip right next door to Bellagio and I use it every year when possible . I would never give up my timeshare . We have the best management team . They keep the premisses up to date and the maintenance fees down . My advice for anyone considering purchasing a timeshare is purchase a place that you intent to travel to and use most every year . Purchase a deeded week if possible .

Don P.
Oct 09, 2022

Thanks for your details sharing. I am new user here and I don't know much about timeshare. Now I am clear about it.

RicardoLatham
Dec 06, 2022

The timeshare sales people are high pressure and conveniently lacking on details (including your contract cancellation rights). I own at Westgate in Park City--sold to me as week 52 and "the highest premium week" between Christmas and New Years. However, they move the week every year so this year is January 1-January 8--how is that week 52??? I bought week 52 so my kids would always be off of school and able to use it. So, check the fine print very carefully. Also, my maintenance fee was $650 when I bought and now $2,100 per year--so be mindful that you have no control of costs and the escalation of the maintenance fees. Personally, I would recommend against buying a timeshare and rent when you want from Red Week.

Donna L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.