Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

How legitimate is Global Property Services for selling Diamond Resorts property?

Mar 21, 2013

rositab4 wrote:
I was contacted by this same person Marty Herning yesterday, March 19th and today March 20, 2013 telling me the same thing...that he could sell my Diamond Resort timeshare and that I would also get credit for the maintenance fee I paid in 2012 and 2013. He told me the couple from Silver City, New Mexico already paid $4,275 (30% of the sale) and the money has been cleared at the bank. He sounded legitimate...he knew how much I paid on the property in 2005 under ILX for the Los Abrigados Property in Sedona...he also knew the maintenance fees I paid from 2006 to 2013. I told him from the beginning that I will never pay any upfront fees to anyone and that he has to deduct the $1,580 fees from the proceeds... from which $810 will be their commission and $35 for recording fee (I will send this money to him as soon as the cashier's check he's going to send me has been deposited and cleared). It looks like the $700+ he tried to collect is pretty standard...he told me I have to send him $735 personal check or cashier's check for the following...$114 for title fee, $270 Warranty Deed, $246 Assignment of Rent, $105 Reconveyance fee.

What part of your statement "I will NOT PAY an upfront fee" does that idiot above not understand? He has no buyer .... all he wants is that upfront fee then you're history to him.

R P.
Mar 21, 2013

Please come back in here and tell us when you finally realize that they ripped you off of the fees he says has to be paid upfront. They are all scams when they ask for upfront fees.

Don P.
Mar 21, 2013

I finally realized this Martin Herning was trying to rip me off when I asked him how we came up with the $735 supposedly upfront fees. Then I started to google his name on the internet and this Global Property Services and found out from you guys he's been scamming a lot of people since 2011 (or maybe the last 14 years experience he told me he had) and still doing it. That address he gave me was a 5000 sq.ft. vacant building available for lease. I don't think he's going to call me again but if he does, I will ask him to send me the paperwork and give it to our BBB office and ask our local tv stations to do an investigation and stop him altogether from doing it to other people. I'm just worried about his prospective victims who do not have any access to internet. This man ruined my entire day yesterday.

Rosita B.
Mar 22, 2013

rositab4 wrote:
I finally realized this Martin Herning was trying to rip me off when I asked him how we came up with the $735 supposedly upfront fees. Then I started to google his name on the internet and this Global Property Services and found out from you guys he's been scamming a lot of people since 2011 (or maybe the last 14 years experience he told me he had) and still doing it. That address he gave me was a 5000 sq.ft. vacant building available for lease. I don't think he's going to call me again but if he does, I will ask him to send me the paperwork and give it to our BBB office and ask our local tv stations to do an investigation and stop him altogether from doing it to other people. I'm just worried about his prospective victims who do not have any access to internet. This man ruined my entire day yesterday.

What you did by investigating him is called 'due diligence' .... it would be a good thing if all people would do the same .... all libraries have internet access available .... there's no way on this earth that I would send that amount of money (upfront fee) to an unknown entity that called me out of the blue with such a wonderful proposition if only I would send him a $700+ upfront fee.

I don't know how many timeshare resorts were around before the internet became almost a household staple but I would imagine the scammers made a fortune back then with no way for people to investigate them.

R P.
Jan 29, 2021

They are selling beachfront land in Campeche, Mexico. I am just wondering if they are real or scammers

Ming W.
Jan 29, 2021

The Global Property Service Group is selling beachfront properties in Campeche, Mexico Can I trust this company and its realtor name Toni Kauhanen

Ming W.
Jan 30, 2021

No you can't. If you want to look at property of any kind, have the realtor take you to see it. Do your own research - not listen to some moron on the phone. Besides, Mexican law does not allow ANY foreigner to own property within 50 KM. (or 30 miles) of the ocean. Look it up. If you are being solicited for a timeshare, it is RTU (right to use), and it will have little resale value.

John I.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.