Ask RedWeek

Extra Vacation Getaway RCI Weeks for sale

Aug 04, 2013

We received a few RCI weeks from our timeshare company. We will not be using some of them so we are looking to book weeks and sell them. What is the best way to go about that? TIA

Amanda S.
Aug 04, 2013

RCI does not allow members to rent out or sell Extra Vacation Getaway Weeks. Those weeks are usually weeks that owners at various resorts deposited for exchange and no RCI members have claimed these weeks for exchange.

Likely these weeks that you have you have to pay a small fee to use. I do not know fully how these work but my best advice to you would be to contact RCI directly (see rci.com for contact information) and ask how these weeks work.

And above all, do not pay anyone any sort of fee to rent out or sell these weeks for you. There are a lot of scam artists out there contacting RCI members and timeshare owners claiming they can rent out your Extra Weeks for you if you pay them an upfront fee. That's a scam and don't fall for it.

Lance C.
Apr 21, 2021

Someone claiming to be able to rent out 8 of our "rci getaway weeks" i wasn't even aware I had any until they told me I had them and wanted to rent them for us but not until we paid an upfront cost of [x] amount per week! This sounds like a scam to me! Anyone know if there is a legitimate company out there doing these things or if it certainly a scam?

Charles W.
Apr 22, 2021

charlesw556 wrote:
Someone claiming to be able to rent out 8 of our "rci getaway weeks" i wasn't even aware I had any until they told me I had them and wanted to rent them for us but not until we paid an upfront cost of [x] amount per week! This sounds like a scam to me! Anyone know if there is a legitimate company out there doing these things or if it certainly a scam?

It's definitely a scam. People come on these boards regularly asking the same question because they got the same call from these scam artists.

You do not own any of these getaway weeks so you cannot rent them out. Besides, anyone asking for an upfront fee to sell or rent out your unit is a scam.

Lance C.
Jan 03, 2023

Yes, it is definitely a scam—I was scammed by them in 2022 for thousands of dollars. I've been fighting the last six months with my credit card company to get money refunded. I to was contacted in the same way many of you were and convinced that IRC were affiliated with RCI and Bluegreen Resorts, so it turns out this was a complete lie after checking with both corporate offices and learned they do nothing of the sort. IRC trains representatives to contact resort owners based on information that's pulled from public records and fraudulently pretends to know all about the extra weeks available as an owner then convinces you to activate those weeks at a discounted rate to make them available for booking through IRC’s website for conferences, etc. It’s a part of their scheme, they take your money and then they never contact you—knowing they will never have access to this inventory for a legitimate booking for anyone other than the owner or with Bluegreen--you book as an owner with points or bonus time (you must be there in person for this type of booking regardless). I'd like to start a class action suit against IRC- international resort club for anyone that has lost monies to IRC. Owners of timeshares that lost money by IRC misrepresenting themselves, if you have had money stolen from you by International Resort Club (IRC) please respond to this e-mail—let’s fight back!

Allisha C.
May 31, 2023

I just got the call this morning that they would sell these 6 weeks for a fee and I would make money in return. The red flag went up. But I will tell you they are good. Real good. I even tried googling while I was on hold and saw a sight that said it was a scam and the "sales person" was like yes you will see that...don't listen. He even took me to the RCI web site to explain these getaways since I never heard of it and another site that he claimed was his. Fortunately, I used my debit card and my bank is really good with handling this sort of thing so I should be getting my money back. I called within an hour after agreeing to this. They transfer you to three different departments making it seem all ligit. They were all English speaking. The call came from Florida. He was very knowledgeable about Wyndham and RCI. I should have went with my gut. The company name they used was PointsPaymentManamagent. They even went and sent a document for you to sign and everything. DON'T FALL FOR IT!

Carmen O.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.