Ask RedWeek

How do I sell RCI points?

Jun 11, 2014

We have more RCI points than we can use and I'd like to sell some before they expire. We also have some weeks banked in RCI from our previous Time Share that I'd like to rent/sell a couple of them since we cannot use them all before they expire. Since the weeks are banked with RCI and the points are non-resort specific, what is the process to list them?

Colleen D.
Jun 12, 2014

If you have some banked weeks with RCI, then RCI now owns them. You cannot rent them out or sell them. The best you can do is acquire an exchange against your banked week and let a friend or relative use it. You can only charge your friend or relative the guest certificate fee and possibly the exchange fee.

If you try to rent out the week you acquired through an exchange, it will be ugly to say the least (if you get caught).

And while we're at it, watch out for companies phoning you telling you they can rent out your RCI banked weeks for boatloads of money if you pay them an upfront fee, regardless of what they call this fee. These are all scams.

Lance C.
Jun 12, 2014

Thanks for the info. What about selling RCI Points?

Colleen D.
Jun 12, 2014

http://www.redweek.com/timeshare-companies/rci

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Jun 12, 2014 10:41 AM

Jul 15, 2018

Is this possible?

Kathy H.

Last edited by kathyh220 on Jul 15, 2018 12:55 PM

Feb 05, 2023

I am looking to purchase a points timeshare and the owner has outstanding points they have not used, do these transfer with the unit?

Stephanie N.
Feb 06, 2023

stephanien228 wrote:
I am looking to purchase a points timeshare and the owner has outstanding points they have not used, do these transfer with the unit?
Not "automatically", no --- but I believe that (for a fee, like everything else involving RCI) the unused points can be transferred from one RCI Points account to another RCI points account. That has historically been the case, anyhow.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Feb 06, 2023 10:34 AM

Dec 16, 2023

I have sold my time shares but i still have 361500 points carried over until March 31 of 2024 can I transfer these to another rci account for a fee of $ .007 a point?

Anthony B.
Dec 20, 2023

I presently have two weeks booked and confirmed by RCI from February 10, 2023 to February 24, 2023 at Mizner Place at Weston Town Center, Weston, Florida for a one (1) bedroom, sleeping 4 maximum equipped with partial kitchen.

Is it possible to sell one or two weeks, as on two separate bookings, through RedWeek?

If yes, please supply method, cost to sell, and approximate selling prices or put me in contact with someone at you firm.

Regards, Gilles R.

Gilles jean R.
Dec 24, 2023

Terms and conditions of RCI membership specifically prohibit the rental of any weeks obtained from them by “exchange” or by Last Calls or by Extra Vacations. Interval International has the very same prohibitions for their "exchanges" and Getaways.

Short version: Weeks that you do not own are simply not yours to rent out to anyone else.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 27, 2023 11:02 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.