Nov 25, 2017

Has anyone worked with Dash Realty Group to rent a timeshare? Looking to confirm whether or not they are legitimate.

Thank you!

Lynne W.
Nov 25, 2017

Hopefully someone might respond that has had dealings with them. What you need to know is that if you deal with a licensed realtor you should feel more secure that they are not a scam operation. The problem is results . Everyone will promise you the world to sign a contract but what is important is their track record . You need to do someone homework like you are doing now and ask .

You also may have to be flexible about the price you want . There is a lot of competition out there on the internet so you have to be realistic about the price . Then as you get closer to your banked week you might have to come down in price but something is better than nothing . You will probably receive some advice from others in the forum to help you decide .

The number one rule is NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can rent or sell your timeshare . A licensed realtor shouldn't ask for money upfront but since there is a considerable amount of effort to list it they may ask for a small listing fee. If they are a licensed realtor I wouldn't have a problem with that. Good luck .

Don P.
Nov 26, 2017

If they offered you a large amount of money (especially if you own a Mexican timeshare) even if they say there is no upfront fee, it is likely a scam. If you aren't advertising and they contacted you, it is likely a scam. If you are advertising and they offered you more than your asking price-scam. Very few timeshares are worth 10% or more of what you paid. Most are worth 1% or less if you bought retail. Most people who ask questions about company x or y are being contacted by scammers.

Provide details of their offer. Likely all or most of the details will indicate a scam.

Tracey S.
Dec 08, 2017

Dash is legitimate. Recommended.

Lynne W.
Dec 08, 2017

lynnew32 wrote:
Dash is legitimate. Recommended.

Legitimate?... Says who? Recommended?... By whom? --- and why?

On what basis do you now step forward to say "recommended"? Have you used Dash Realty? If so, for what purpose --- and on which side of the transaction? Is Dash your own business? Do you maybe work for them? Where are they physically located?

Sorry, a four word, unsubstantiated endorsement of Dash Realty doesn't cut any ice AT ALL.

P.S. A week ago, you posted in this very same thread, ASKING about Dash Realty Group. One short week later, you are posting again, but now you are ENDORSING Dash. Some people might interpret those contradictory occurrences within just a week's time as being a set-up shill posting for Dash. You can color me dubious...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 08, 2017 01:06 PM

Dec 08, 2017

I worked with Dash - they rented out my unit. The contract is in order and I received payment.

Lynne W.
Dec 08, 2017

lynnew32 wrote:
I worked with Dash - they rented out my unit. The contract is in order and I received payment.

So, all of this has occurred in just in the past week, since you first posted asking if anyone could confirm that Dash was legitimate?

Wow! That's quite a remarkable claim and turnaround time. Timeshare rentals I've been involved in always take a number of weeks (at least) to fully complete. Contracts have to be prepared and sent out, get signed by the tenant and returned, payment received and processed and cleared, reservation placed and confirmed in the guest's name directly with the resort. If it's really your story that all of this has happened for you in just the one week after first asking about Dash, well --- I leave it to others to decide for themselves whether or not to believe you. Speaking only for myself, I do not. More bluntly stated, I think that you are a shill, having posted a bogus inquiry first dropping the (unknown) Dash name one week, then returning the next week to "recommend" Dash and to claim success in their (allegedly) handling a rental for you --- all in a week's time. Sorry, but I'm not buying it, not for a moment. Others can decide for themselves whether or not they find you to be credible.

Fwiw, in 35+ years of timeshare experience, including being on both sides of many different timeshare rentals in many different locations, I've never even HEARD of Dash Realty Group. Not once. Not ever.

Just sayin'...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 09, 2017 03:49 PM

Dec 08, 2017

Are they a broker that contacted you about a rental that you had on redweek for another client? Generally if this type of organization pays you upfront and you use either your own contract or you read and thoroughly understand and agree with the terms then it can work out.

If they are offering to advertise for a large upfront fee (redweek is on the high end of what you should pay) or are asking for any type of fee that would be reimbursed after then run even if they claim the funds for the renter are being placed in escrow.

Tracey S.
Dec 09, 2017

Hi -

In the 2 weeks since I posted on this forum and since they contacted me about my redweek rental, the following occurred:

I researched them. They did not ask me for any fees upfront and I didn't pay them anything. We signed a contract and they sent me a check.

You can choose to believe me or not. I was just closing the loop on the message that I sent to provide feedback to others.

Lynne W.
Dec 09, 2017

If it is just a broker who contacted you because they have a client who wanted what you had and they pay you directly and then their client pays them (including a mark up for their commission ), its a completely different type scenario than someone who contacts you out of the blue and says they have a client with funds who will be paying you and you then need to send the overage to the supposed broker or you need to pay the taxes or someother bs fee. Since you didn't elaborate on what they were offering to do for you then the assumption was the same old regular scheme that 99 out of 100 who ask the same question you asked and offered the same type of non detailed responses.

Glad it worked out for you. If you would like to help others who are interested if Dash contacts them, you can be more specific about the details of your transaction.

Tracey S.
Jan 26, 2018

Hi Everyone, I found this post because I searched for "Dash Realty" in the Forums because Dash realty contacted me about a Marriott week I had for rent & I couldn't find any info about them except their Vacation rental website. In the email they give their phone # and website. Randy emailed me ..asked if the week was available & I said Yes and he/she(?) sent me over the rental agreement by Docusign which I found professional. Also, I have been renting our week since 2008 (we travel now to Central america and don't use our Marriott anymore) so I'm very familiar with the rental process and the contract looked good and protected us both - they said Client had just paid and as soon as payment clears they will give me clients name. That afternoon they gave me clients name - I changed names and they asked if I wanted Check or Bank deposit. I bank at Chase and they Quick payed me through Chase a few hours later. All was great and I would totally work with them again. Just giving a FYI to anyone worrying about renting your week and letting you know that It was easy breezy and no worries. If you want you can contact Redweek with my username to see that I'm not new to Redweek and posting this for the company as that other post made the person sound like they were doing. Kindof crazy accusation. Good Luck everyone :)

Hawaii Week
Jan 31, 2018

We just rented via Dash.. Seems OK. We got a hand-written check, which seems a bit odd, but it will be cashed before the renters go to the unit, so I am not particularly worried.

Karen M.
Feb 25, 2019

Dash is Legitimate. Rented a two bedroom from Dash for a last minute President's Day getaway to Florida. Jenn from Dash Realty was fantastic to work with and Unit was beautiful. I would use them again for future travel arrangements.

Jaime

Jaime P.

Last edited by jaimep33 on Feb 25, 2019 10:41 AM

Oct 24, 2019

Just had a very positive 3 day start to finish transaction with Dash for my Christmas Week in Maui. I called and discussed the proposed Dash transaction with the Dash owner Dana Ferretti over the phone. She was very professional, had a clear and precise step by step discussion with me on the whole process. I signed her 2 page contract, she sent me the renter's name and address, i called the resort and updated the reservation confirmation. She got paid from the renter once he had proof it was in his name, and 2 days later Dana had the money in my bank account! We started this discussion on a Monday and i had money in my bank account on Wednesday. The beauty of doing this transaction with Dash, is that i didn't have to wait until after Christmas like I do from Redweek to receive payment. I was paid virtually at the same time the renter submitted his payment! I highly recommend.

Kevin S.
Feb 16, 2021

Yes. Just rented out my timeshare through them. Legitimate and uncomplicated.

Sabine P.
Feb 16, 2021

Yes, I worked with them, too. Easy to work with. Received contract and money.

Sabine P.
Aug 21, 2021

During the week August 1 – 8, 2021, I (inadvertently) rented a timeshare from Dash Realty Group ("Dash"), 9300 Conroy Windermere Rd #734, Windermere, FL 34786, when Dash converted an inquiry I had made through VRBO to their own agency, presumably stealing the fees from VRBO and probably shorting the actual timeshare owner as well. This should have been my first warning. The agent I worked with was Dana Ferretti. In my opinion, Dash is the most dishonest broker I have ever encountered. Ms. Ferretti confirmed to me that I was renting a "waterfront" unit when she knew full well this was false. What is more, when I entered the unit, it was in the process of treated for black mold (with a ladder and cleaning supplies in the middle of the unit my family had paid Dash to vacation in). When the deception came to light, Ms. Ferretti smugly told me to "make the best of it." The manager of the Wyndham Beach Club, where the unit is located, told me that Dash was one of the few "problem child" brokers on VRBO, which account for the vast majority of dissatisfied customers, whom Wyndham is then forced to try and make happy while Dash cashes the check. When I asked Ms. Ferretti for a refund, she referenced the fine print in the Dash rental agreement, which did not support her argument. Specifically, Ms. Ferretti referenced paragraph 2 of rental contract, attached, which states in pertinent part, “The confirmation only guarantees the view type and not the villa location.” As stated above, Ms. Ferretti confirmed that I was renting an “ocean front” villa (view type – “Ocean Front”). In fact, the villa I was assigned was across the street from the ocean and faced a parking lot. At the end of the day, in my opinion, Ms. Ferretti and Dash rely upon it not being worth a client’s time and effort to sue to recoup the money paid to Dash because of its fraudulent business practices. To be clear, Ms. Ferretti was smug and condescending and could not have cared less that she was ruining the vacation of a family who had trusted her to do the right thing. In my opinion Dash Realty Group is dishonest and should be avoided at all costs. Thank you for your attention to this review.

Patrick K.
Sep 22, 2021

Hey Patrick,

Can we connect? I have had similar experience with Dash and Dana Ferretti and in the process of suing them now.

patrickk217 wrote:
During the week August 1 – 8, 2021, I (inadvertently) rented a timeshare from Dash Realty Group ("Dash"), 9300 Conroy Windermere Rd #734, Windermere, FL 34786, when Dash converted an inquiry I had made through VRBO to their own agency, presumably stealing the fees from VRBO and probably shorting the actual timeshare owner as well. This should have been my first warning. The agent I worked with was Dana Ferretti. In my opinion, Dash is the most dishonest broker I have ever encountered. Ms. Ferretti confirmed to me that I was renting a "waterfront" unit when she knew full well this was false. What is more, when I entered the unit, it was in the process of treated for black mold (with a ladder and cleaning supplies in the middle of the unit my family had paid Dash to vacation in). When the deception came to light, Ms. Ferretti smugly told me to "make the best of it." The manager of the Wyndham Beach Club, where the unit is located, told me that Dash was one of the few "problem child" brokers on VRBO, which account for the vast majority of dissatisfied customers, whom Wyndham is then forced to try and make happy while Dash cashes the check. When I asked Ms. Ferretti for a refund, she referenced the fine print in the Dash rental agreement, which did not support her argument. Specifically, Ms. Ferretti referenced paragraph 2 of rental contract, attached, which states in pertinent part, “The confirmation only guarantees the view type and not the villa location.” As stated above, Ms. Ferretti confirmed that I was renting an “ocean front” villa (view type – “Ocean Front”). In fact, the villa I was assigned was across the street from the ocean and faced a parking lot. At the end of the day, in my opinion, Ms. Ferretti and Dash rely upon it not being worth a client’s time and effort to sue to recoup the money paid to Dash because of its fraudulent business practices. To be clear, Ms. Ferretti was smug and condescending and could not have cared less that she was ruining the vacation of a family who had trusted her to do the right thing. In my opinion Dash Realty Group is dishonest and should be avoided at all costs. Thank you for your attention to this review.

Al R.
Jun 18, 2022

Patrick,

We are sorry you were not happy with your accommodations, however; you were never promised an ocean view, or water view unit, you assumed so based on the resort being on the beach. All correspondence, including your contract, and reservation confirmation state a two bedroom villa, no view designation (we are happy to provide you with copies of both). We are a licensed and insured realty agency, licensed travel agent, and Registered Seller of Travel in the State of Florida where we are based. I assure you we follow honest and legally binding business practices. You have repeatedly stated that you were offered a "waterfront" unit and even went on to state on another site that your reservation said "oceanfront". This is not true and we have asked you many times to please provide the correspondence or the reservation where this view designation is alleged to be stated. As of today, you have not provided any documentation. The staff at the Wyndham Beach Club were in contact with us on your check-in day and they mentioned that the room they assigned you was found to need maintenance. They assured us that you would be moved to another room. Being as this is a Wyndham reservation, units are assigned upon check-in and this was out of our control. We did stay in contact with management multiple times throughout your check-in process to be sure you were being taken care of in these regards. We followed up with the management staff in regards to the claim you made stating that the staff referred to us as "one of the few problem child brokers". This statement was immediately discredited by management, as we have done 3 rentals with the resort in the past 6 years and they have no previous knowledge of us, or any issues with any other of our guests. Continuing to post false information is defamation and business disparagement. Please contact us directly if you would like to discuss further.

Dash Realty Group

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.