General Discussion

Any way to get a SIGNIFICANT discount for Interval International membership renewal?

Mar 12, 2019

We've had an Interval International (II)membership for at least 15 years. Today II called and among other things offered us a "discount" for a 5-year membership renewal for $347 instead of the current "regular price" of $495. The rep told me we last signed up for 5 years in 2014, when the cost for 5 years was $219. I did the math: The "discounted" price of $349 is 158% higher than $219, and the "regular" price of $495 is a whopping 226% more (about 17.5% per year compounded) than $219. Is there any way to get a SIGNIFICANT discount for Interval International membership renewal? Has anyone seen any advertising or heard of any promotions of cheaper prices they wish to share with Redweek readers?

Stu M.
Mar 13, 2019

The only “discounts” available for ANY exchange company membership are those offered directly by the exchange company itself. Discounted pricing for multi-year memberships are really the only “discounts” ever seen, except for rare “limited time only” single year new memberships.

There are exchange companies ( e.g., DAE) that don’t charge any membership fees, but they obviously have only a fraction of the inventory of RCI or II.

KC
Aug 25, 2022

how do i get a significant discount on interval membership and platinum benefits?

Paul S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.