Ask RedWeek

When to list your time share rentals?

Jul 29, 2019

This is my first time using RedWeek - I have 3 units at Marriott Surfwatch, a 3bd Garden View for the last (gold season week in May 2020) and a 2bd unit Ocean Vista for the first 2 weeks of July 2020 -(platinum season)

When should I list these units, wait until Jan 2020 or post immediately?

Thanks John B.

John Bautista
Jul 29, 2019

John: If you are using our full-service rental option, there is no reason not to post your rentals right away. The posting will run from the time it is created until 10 days prior to the check-in date. If you decide to use the do-it-yourself method, then the posting only runs for six months, after which you would need to renew it.

If you would like more information, you can use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page or visit our Resources page: Resouces

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Jul 30, 2019

Thank you, this was very helpful. John B.

John Bautista
Aug 05, 2019

johnb3177 wrote:
This is my first time using RedWeek - I have 3 units at Marriott Surfwatch, a 3bd Garden View for the last (gold season week in May 2020) and a 2bd unit Ocean Vista for the first 2 weeks of July 2020 -(platinum season)

When should I list these units, wait until Jan 2020 or post immediately?

Thanks John B.

Hi John,

I wonder about this question also. If I’m renting out a week that my renter will need to fly to, I’ll post it about 7 months out, giving them the time to purchase air tickets, book rental car, etc.

I think I remember someone saying that if you list your ad very far ahead, it gives the renter too much time to change their mind about renting, and then canceling.

Carol P.

Last edited by carolp491 on Aug 05, 2019 04:10 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.