Ask RedWeek

Selling timeshare

Jan 21, 2020

I have been approached by a company called Zicasso to purchase my Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach timeshare. Has anyone had experience with this company?

Robert M.
Jan 21, 2020

Anyone or company that approaches you to purchase your timeshare (especially a Mexican one) is part of a scam. It doesn't matter what the name is because they change names all the time. The offer is probably well above market value They may say no upfront fees but as soon as they have you hooked a fee will appear that they say will be re-imbursed from escrow. If you pay that fee, there will be another fee and so on. As soon as you stop paying they will disappear and sell your name to another scammer of some sort, including one that might say they can get your money back from the first scammer.

Tracey S.
Jan 22, 2020

tracey75 wrote:
As soon as you stop paying they will disappear and sell your name to another scammer of some sort....

...or reappear under a different name with the same scam perhaps telling you that they are different and better than all the rest.

Lance C.
Jan 30, 2020

I had the same offer. We have been talking to a lawyer out of texas and the resort. It seems like a good offer but now they say we have to pay a fee to the resort directly. So not sure what to do now.

Graeme H.
Jan 30, 2020

If you are dealing directly with the resort you should be safe to proceed .

Don P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.