Ask RedWeek

trip insurance

Mar 29, 2020

Can I get trip insurance for a redweek rental?

Barbara T.
Mar 29, 2020

Travel insurance is available on all bookings made using RedWeek Online Booking with the following exceptions: the check-in date must be within 18 months, and we currently cannot offer insurance to residents of Hawaii or New York.

The exact policy depends on where you live. For any questions about coverage, you can call CSA/Generali directly at: 866-999-4018.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Mar 29, 2020

Thanks, I will check that out.

Barbara T.
Feb 27, 2022

If I need to cancel a trip, does insurance cover just my timeshare rental or is my round trip flight for all parties refunded as well?

Anne L.
Feb 27, 2022

Anne: The exact policy depends on where you live. For any questions about the coverage offered on our website for rentals with Online Booking, you can call CSA directly at: 866-999-4018.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Mar 04, 2022

barbarat161 wrote:
Can I get trip insurance for a redweek rental?

I am unclear on whether you are referring to a private owner ad which is posted on the RedWeek site, or whether you are perhaps instead referring to a rental listing which is fully handled by RedWeek itself. There are different answers for those very different situations.

I cannot speak to "RedWeek handled" rentals, but if it's a private rental not handled by RedWeek (just posted on the RedWeek site), you have other options besides CSA for trip / travel insurance. Another entity is Allianz (which I have used a few times, but never actually had any claims). I believe there are a few others as well. You'll have to do your own homework to compare policy costs, coverage restrictions and conditions, etc., but just be aware CSA is certainly not "the only show in town".

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Mar 05, 2022 07:40 AM

Apr 20, 2022

If I book a “verified and protected” redweek rental, can it be cancelled at any time? What would be the time period if that is allowed?

Vincent C.
Apr 20, 2022

The owner chooses one of three options for their rental agreement:

Flexible: 100% refund up to 60 days before check-in

Moderate: 50% refund up to 60 days before check-in

Strict: No refunds

The option the owner has chosen will be on the right side of the posting page, directly above the "Request to Book" link.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Last edited by phyl21 on Apr 20, 2022 05:20 PM

Apr 21, 2022

Thank you for the info.

Vincent C.
Mar 13, 2023

I have to cancel a rental I purchased on Redweek and I’m not sure if I purchased insurance as the cancelation policy is “strict”. How do I know if I purchased insurance and if it covers cancelation?

Patricia M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.