Point Systems

How to decide if RCI is worth it? (Please help!)

Jan 25, 2021

I have a friend that needs to sell a timeshare. I am thinking of helping them out and buying it. BUT before I do I really want to know what I could book with the annual RCI points allotment. I am not super interested in the actual timeshare itself (Grandview, Las Vegas, Week 20). I have been told that they get 49,000 RCI points a year. Annual maintenance has been in the low $400's for a while. Here is my issue. What can $49,000 points book for me if I use RCI points? Can anyone give me a few examples? I have tried to find info online and can't. And RCI says I have to join, and pay them, before I can see that. - I'd love to know what a 1 bedroom unit in Kauai, walkable to the beach, with a kitchen would be in points for a summer week. - I'd love to know a few other places as well, just anything so I can gauge if I should do this or not. Thanks! ps. to answer a question in advance... He does not have access to his RCI account. He has Parkinson's and can't remember. His brother is working on getting access using a power of attorney, but it's taking time.

Micah O.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.