General Discussion

Getting out of Wyndham timeshare

Aug 19, 2022

Hello,

My husband and I made the mistake of purchasing a Wyndham timeshare while on vacation in Myrtle Beach on Wednesday. Would our Rescission period apply for SC or FL state law? Has anyone cancelled their Wyndham timeshare during the rescission period? Any guidance or advice would be appreciated! Thank you!

VX
Aug 19, 2022

Follow the instructions in your contract for the rescission and make sure you get a receipt when you deliver it to Wyndham . Keep all paperwork and correspondence with Wyndham . Don't waste any time and get it done immediately .

Don P.
Aug 19, 2022

Thank you for your response, do you know if the rescission period would be the 5 days for SC OR the 10 days for FL, we purchased the timeshare in SC but our contract has FL listed everywhere. I did not see any instructions in our contract to cancel so could it be elsewhere?

VX
Aug 19, 2022

Just rescind immediately . That way you will meet both requirements . Read it over and over for the rescission clause .

Don P.
Aug 19, 2022

Ditto what Don P. said and just for the record and to answer your question, the rescission period applies to where the contract was signed. So in your case, it would fall under SC rescission laws.

Lance C.
Aug 20, 2022

vilayx wrote:
...do you know if the rescission period would be the 5 days for SC OR the 10 days for FL, we purchased the timeshare in SC but our contract has FL listed everywhere. I did not see any instructions in our contract to cancel so could it be elsewhere?

Your rescission instructions may be buried within a CD-ROM or a thumb drive provided to you at the time of contract execution, if not found within the hard copy contract document that you signed. The law requires that rescission rights information be provided to you, one way or another, at the time of contract execution.

As pointed out already above by Lance, unless the contract overtly states otherwise and provides a longer rescission period than SC law, then SC's 5 days prevails, regardless of the fact that the timeshare property or properties may be located in Florida, a state in which the contract rescission period is 10 days.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Aug 22, 2022 07:49 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.