Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Rental Rule Involving Interval International

Nov 08, 2022

I traded my Marriott Grand Vista week with Interval International to get a one-bedroom unit at Marriott Kauai Beach Club. Am I allowed to rent it out through Redweek?

Eric H.
Nov 08, 2022

It is against the rules of both Interval International and RCI to rent out weeks obtained through their system. Therefore we are not able to offer RedWeek verification or the full-service offering for any Interval or RCI week. In the future, please consider renting your home resort week prior to depositing.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Jan 20, 2024

If I list a unit obtained on II for rent as a do it yourself option will the listing be displayed along with owner units for rent or not? Please explain the process.

Frank M.
Jan 20, 2024

You might want to take a look at the RedWeek post directly above yours. As made quite clear in that post, II and RCI both prohibit the rental of any “exchanges” obtained from either one of them. If caught doing so, in obvious violation of their written terms and conditions of membership, an innocent "would be tenant" could be denied occupancy and the exchange company membership of the offending advertiser could be suspended or terminated by RCI and / or II. There is obviously risk involved for both parties in any attempted (and clearly prohibited) rental of a week obtained by “exchange” from II or RCI.

Prospective renters can (and perhaps should) simply limit their interest and inquiries to rental listings that are already “RedWeek Verified”, since anyone attempting the (prohibited) rental of an “exchange” from II and / or RCI would never be able to get any attempted exchange rental listings “RedWeek Verified”, even if they tried.

frankm421 wrote:
If I list a unit obtained on II for rent as a do it yourself option will the listing be displayed along with owner units for rent or not? Please explain the process.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 22, 2024 04:24 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.