Point Systems

Selling Hilton HGV(max) points tranferred from Diamond.

Jan 10, 2023

We are getting past the high usage age and look to reduce our owned points. I have read the many ways to go about it and don't see one that is heads above the others. Our thoughts were to offer deal to charge .40 per point but we would throw in the current year's Point usage and then the points are yours. That way we can get out after many years of using the points and the new person would get the current year usage with the current year's maintenance paid. These points are all in the US collection and from what I have read and been told the points can be used for any resort excluding the Hilton "Elite" units. There are probably a few other things but I am not sure. My question is does this sound like a reasonable plan where both sides get something? I am definitely need someone like TUG to get me through the papers but they sound reasonable and conscientious to insure both sides are protected but I would like to hear from others as to who they used and best way of selling and closing the papers and funds dispersal. Realize that points are usable at all resorts under HGV(max) not just a single week and location. Not sure how the Honors's Points will work. Would love to hear other people who have got out and are happy with the final results. How did you do it and who with?

Rob W

Rob W.
Jun 24, 2023

Hello did you sell your points? I am looking in to purchasing some points. Confusing the difference in cost of points. ebay has 4000 points for 1,200 but then charge a $13.895 fee on top of purchase. I am now looking at red week. I have place two of my Newport Cost Villas in California for sale hoping after they sell I will puchase points. I am paying $3.,200 now for two weeks and if I went to 4000 points I would pay $3,600 a year. What are your thoughts and what finaily happened to your points?

Valerie R.
Oct 26, 2023

This is confusing..... Are you saying you currently Own (2) Separate Weeks at NPC, and are looking at buying points instead? You would still have to pay Dues on your ownership either way.

Rudy Alvarez
Oct 28, 2023

Do you want to buy our diamond points?

Angela B.
Oct 28, 2023

I'm selling 15,000 points

Angela B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.