General Discussion

Resort Fees - If you are an owner, do you pay?

Jan 27, 2023

I'm curious to see how many owners pay resort fees while using their home resort. Do you? If so, where do you own? If not, I would love to know that info too. Also, if you are using a week other than the one you own, but still staying at your home resort, are you charged the resort fee?

The reason I'm asking is because my home resort has been charging the owners resort fees at a discounted rate, but when using a week or unit that isn't theirs, even at the home resort, they are being charged the full resort fee. I'm trying to get an idea what the industry standard is.

Thanks!

Sue P.
Jan 27, 2023

There most certainly is NO “industry standard”; policies and practices are all over the map, particularly among independent (non “chain”) timeshare properties. While not wishing to publicly disclose my ownerships (all are at “independents”), I will note that it is not uncommon for resort fees to be charged to renters and exchangers, but not to owners, regardless of whether owners are occupying their owned week(s) or week(s) owned by someone else at that particular property. You didn’t ask for my opinion, but I fully support that particular practice.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 04, 2023 06:29 AM

Mar 22, 2023

I also have a hotel and I would like to know if there any cleaning services. If anybody can recommend something like that I'd be really glad.

Connon B.
Mar 23, 2023

connonb wrote:
I also have a hotel and I would like to know if there any cleaning services. If anybody can recommend something like that I'd be really glad.

And I'd be "really glad" if your post actually made any sense. Unfortunately, it does not.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Mar 27, 2023 07:04 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.