Point Systems

HGV Time Share Purchasing, how does it work?

Mar 20, 2023

I am a member of Hilton Grand Vacations, but one thing I'm not clear on in what happens if I buy another time share off of someone here at RedWeek? Does it get merged into my current account, and I accrue both points together? Do I have to keep different accounts?

I searched the forum and didn't get a clear answer on what steps happen if I were to buy.

Wayne W.
Mar 21, 2023

waynew239 wrote:
I am a member of Hilton Grand Vacations, but one thing I'm not clear on in what happens if I buy another time share off of someone here at RedWeek? Does it get merged into my current account, and I accrue both points together? Do I have to keep different accounts?

I searched the forum and didn't get a clear answer on what steps happen if I were to buy.

A phone call to HGVC might provide a more definitive and reliable answer than a response from an unidentified source on a Internet discussion forum, no?

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Mar 21, 2023 12:00 PM

Mar 21, 2023

In theory, yes. But HGV (like all time shares, really) just turn on the hard sell instead of answering the core question. The people easy to get ahold of don't seem to know the answer, and just want to sell you a bigger package themselves.

Wayne W.
Mar 22, 2023

waynew239 wrote:
In theory, yes. But HGV (like all time shares, really) just turn on the hard sell instead of answering the core question. The people easy to get ahold of don't seem to know the answer, and just want to sell you a bigger package themselves.

I would then respectfully suggest that you post your question over on the HGVC-specific forum on the Timeshare Users Group site (http://www.tug2.net). Over there (unlike on this RedWeek site) you will directly reach (and hopefully get well informed feedback from) other HGVC owners, some of whom have many years of first hand experience, extensive knowledge and direct involvement with HGVC. I'd like to help you myself, but HGVC is a system with which I frankly have no experience or any useful knowledge.

Just a thought...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Mar 22, 2023 07:33 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.