Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Selling a Marriott week vs. Destination Points - what is the best option

Dec 04, 2023

I currently own 2500 MVCI Destination Points and also own a week at Marriott Shadow Ridge that can be exchanged for 2325 points annually. We are at a point in our lives where we don't need both anymore so we are looking at selling one of the two ownership interests. We typically exchange our week for points every year anyway and at the end of the day, we want to use about 2300 points per year. I'm trying to determine from both an ease of sale and a potential resale value perspective, which of these would be most advantageous to sell. My gut tells me that the 2500 points would be more desirable on the open market but I'm thinking that someone on this forum may have experience with this. Does anyone have an opinion on what we should keep vs. try to sell?

Stan M.
Dec 30, 2023

You should check with Marriott if they will still allow you to convert your week to points if you sell your points. If you are fine with just having a week, no problem, but you may need to retain at least some points to keep the conversion feature.

Michael B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.