Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Reservation confirmation

Dec 30, 2023

At what point am i legally bound for payment for rental? I requested a reservation but then someone else got back to me with my requested amount which is more affordable and for an additional day. Because I received the confirmation from the hotel do I have to stick with the one that costs more, even though I haven't made a payment?

KM
Dec 30, 2023

kristenj97 wrote:
At what point am i legally bound for payment for rental? I requested a reservation but then someone else got back to me with my requested amount which is more affordable and for an additional day. Because I received the confirmation from the hotel do I have to stick with the one that costs more, even though I haven't made a payment?

Did you execute a rental contract? If so, what are the terms specified in your contract regarding cancellation and refunds? If you signed a contract, you are legally obligated to meet your end of the terms that you agreed to under signature, or face forfeiture of part (or all) of any money already paid before you reneged on the contract.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 30, 2023 05:21 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.