Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Don't buy a timeshare. It's the worst deal they can do.

Dec 31, 2023

Don't buy a timeshare. It's the worst deal they can do. I own two timeshares: one in the USVI (1BD) and another one in Orlando, Florida (2BD). In 2003 I bought the USVI Westin timeshare for 40,000$ and 20,000$ for Sheraton Vistana Villages in Orlando timeshare. Now they want me to pay 1,800$ and 2,900$ maintenance fees for Orlando and USVI Westin, respectively. Booking offers you the same units for a much cheaper price. We are being deceived and stolen from. I just want to sell this timeshare that unfortunately has downgraded to less than half of its price. The only way out is to sell it back to Vistana but they only accept it back with the maintenance fees all paid. They are playing with our investment. Financial terrorism. Scam companies

Paulo M.
Dec 31, 2023

No timeshare on Planet Earth is worth the obscene and exorbitant prices that developers charge — and that you have voluntarily chosen to pay — TWICE !

Timeshares are a very poor financial “investment”, particularly those purchased directly from (and overpaid to) any developer. However, timeshares purchased in the resale market can certainly have vacation value, but even resale purchases, often acquired at 10% (or less) of developer prices, are not a smart purchase as a “financial investment”. The value in timeshares lies primarily in their actual use and enjoyment for vacations — certainly not as financial investments.

No offense, but your bad financial decisions do not make timeshares a bad product. You simply paid entirely too much money for yours — TWICE !

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 03, 2024 03:22 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.