Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Orange Lake - North Village EXIT

Jan 05, 2024

We no longer use our timeshare and are just paying the maintenance fee ($1,300 this year). I would give this thing away if I could; I don't owe anything on it. Has anyone exited a Holiday Inn timeshare that is willing to share their experience? Not even sure what week 38 is worth?

I submitted the form here: https://www.holidayinnclub.com/horizons

Jeff S.

Last edited by jeffs1524 on Jan 22, 2024 10:30 AM

Jan 05, 2024

There are a few of options.

First, you could write to the resort's Homeowners" Association and ask if it will take your unit back. The HOA might ask that you pay the closing costs and perhaps the next maintenance fee.

Second, you could list your unit for sale or giveaway on a reputable timeshare website like here on RedWeek or E-Bay. Timeshare Users Group (aka "TUG"; tugbbs.com) has a Free Timeshares section where you can advertise for free that you want to give your unit away.

If neither of these options work, your last resort would be to stop paying maintenance fees and let your unit go into foreclosure. The downside is that you will probably face a bunch of annoying collection calls and letters and possibly a hit on your credit score. However, credit score damages are very rare with defaults on timeshare payments.

Just remember not to use any of these companies that claim they can cleanly "cancel" or exit you from your timeshare.

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.