Timeshare Companies

Dream Travel Condos anyone?

Dec 21, 2014

Very ironic that checking in to Marriott there was a Couple screaming at the front desk about not getting the extra night the had booked. Right after that another lady came screaming about the view they had, was supposed to be ocean view and it was a roof view. I quietly observed and a front desk clerk said both were dream travel customers and it happens all the time. I really can't make this stuff up. I told my wife it was karma and wee were lucky to have been cancelled by Dream travel and wound up with a reputable agency. I am sure we will see more from the course that have been taken advantage of by Toyna Williams and dream travel. Tonya, it all could have been easier!!!

Casey C.
Dec 21, 2014

I hope everyone filed complaints with the Better Business Bureau so she can get the " F " rating she deserves. That way anyone that checks her out will know that she is a scam.

Don P.
Dec 21, 2014

Filing tomorrow and have contacted Vrbo for inquiry. Also filing with secretary of state in Mississipi. You won't believe what I have heard here in Aruba in regards to her.

Casey C.
Dec 21, 2014

Hi Casey, We are in pretty bad shape over here. We booked a 2 bedroom and a studio at Surf Club dec. 26-jan.2. I received an email today from her stating that it was the fault of two prior customers that she is no longer able to book rooms at Marriott and we would NOT have the accommodations that we booked with her months ago nor did she find alternate accomodations. Needless to say we are a large party with significant funds invested in airfare, etc. We have not been able to secure any rooms and the few things available are 3 times the cost of the $8800.00 I spent with Tonya Williams, Dream Travel. As you are in Aruba, if you could possibly point us in a direction of anyone who could help us I would be so very appreciative. At some point in the very near future I would be interested in collecting names of her past victims and pursuing civil and criminal charges for fraud. In spite of the contract that she refers to, she has broken several laws and has a history of behaving in a fraudulent matter.

Stacey G.
Dec 21, 2014

Now what-the cost of the vacation is three times higher than it was at the time of booking-airfare for 12- approx $12k. Pay the damages you caused Tonya!

Here is the message I received blaming prior customers and Marriott:

This email is to regretfully inform you that we are going to be unable to accommodate your reservation at the Marriott Aruba Surf Club for the dates you have booked. Due to the actions of 2 families who booked with us on our wholesale weeks like you did, our Marriott wholesale contracts are being closed out and temporarily suspended. This was the first year we have even offered wholesale weeks to the public because we were always wary of dealing with people who were not familiar with the wholesale reservation process, but we saw a need and a want for the inventory at better prices so we decided to give it a try. We created a rental agreement that explained the upload terms and also took time with each person prior to person to explain the upload process again either through email or by phone. These people signed the same agreements that you did, were instructed prior to booking about the upload process just like you were, yet they took it upon themselves to cause tremendous problems as they decided they did not like their terms of agreement and started making demands that due to the way automated systems and wholesale weeks work, could not be met. We tried everything to appease them, to remind them of what they signed, yet they decided to take to the internet and post slanderous comments about our rentals and unfortunately their actions did not harm just them it harmed several bookings . We even refunded them in full at their demand thinking that would take care their actions, but it did not and they continued to make things worse. Though their claims were untrue and just posted out of anger because we didn't do as they demanded when they demanded it, they still managed to cause extensive issues with the resort directly, constantly calling and demanding reservation information and posting on public forums things that were not true. While our legal team will be dealing with these issues that have been caused, our contracts will be suspended because of what has been done. It is not fair to you by any means and I am so very sorry that this has happened. We are in the process as of issuing refunds to each of you by the payment method used at booking. When we are able to successfully deal with this issue and have it resolved with both our suppliers and restore our dealings with the resort directly, I would like to offer you a free week stay ( it does not have to be at our Marriott property but can be at any of our luxury properties we offer) as well as a $ 500 compensation spending certificate. I will send those of you who have been patient and have not caused any issues whatsoever instructions on how to claim this free week and free money. I have worked for over 10 years to build a great, reputable, customer loving and customer serving business only to be dealing with this for the past week. I have not even had a chance to go through and check our other properties that are still available ( we offer many properties in Aruba and the Caribbean, not just the Marriott). If you would like me to pull a list of units we have that are not affiliated with the Marriott brand I will be more than happy to do so. But in the meantime and given the circumstances, it is not fair for me to hold your money so it is being refunded. If you receive a credit from the paypal virtual terminal processor it is because the 45 day period has lapsed and we couldn't do a direct credit to your card . All you have to do is call them and let them know where you would like your funds credited, to the card on file or to your bank account. The bank route is sometimes much faster than the credit card credit but they can advise you the fastest way. Should you see something on the list ( if you request one) that interests you, we can issue a new rental agreement and proceed with booking that way . I am so disappointed and so upset there are no words. Again, there are not enough words to apologize and I will work with you once we are through all the issues that these clients have caused to restore your faith in me and my rentals.

Stacey G.

Last edited by astephens on Dec 22, 2014 08:24 AM

Dec 22, 2014

She needs to put out of business immediately. File with the Attorney Generals Office for fraud. If she doesn't immediately refund your money it's Grand Larceny. There could be additional charges of wire fraud and many other laws that she violated depending on how many complaints are filed. Don't let her get away with anything. She is obviously scamming people out of large amounts of money. Get in touch with the licensing department in your state to see if they can get an order to prevent her from doing business. Use every resource you can find. Make it your priority to put her out of business so she can't rip anyone else off.

Don P.
Dec 22, 2014

DonP- first of all you know nothing about me as you have never done business with me or spoken to me for that fact. I am not a scam artist or fraudulent in any way. I DO NOT have any of these people's money. They have been refunded in full the day they received their emails, offered help in finding other accommodations, given a free week vacation offer as well as $500 spending cash. That is not something "scam artists" do. I Have logged almost 100,000 rentals over the years and I challenge you to find anything negative about me other than this one forum post by these few people who have made these statements. I am not even dealing with with that directly anymore, our attorneys will be. While there is freedom of speech, there is not freedom from consequences. Slandering someone's name to the point that it causes harm to them or their business does have consequences. These people are upset that their demands were not met even though there are signed contracts on file. Stacey has a right to be upset because her rental was affected not by her choice. I did not keep one cent of anyone's money, it was all refunded before they ever even took to this forum . She DID NOT however have a right to accuse me of being a scam artist or a fraud and she certainly had NO right to post personal information about my children that I shared with her personally . I offered to help her however I could but she obviously doesn't want that helpe. You can see from what she posted that I did indeed offer to help her and offer compensation. If I were you I would stick to commenting on things I know about or people I have dealt with rather than trolling forums trying to add fuel to the fire. This is not going to be allowed to keep going on. Our attorneys have already prepared cease and desist notices as well as formal notices regarding the defamation of character. In the meantime I will be sharing reviews from previous renters so others can see that I am indeed an honest and dependable condo provider.

Tonya W.
Dec 22, 2014

You're a scam artist who needs to be put out of business. Sue me if you think you have a case. I am calling you out and I hope anyone who thinks about doing business with you reads these posts and deals with a reputable company instead of your fly by night scam operation. Bernie Madoff got away with his scam operation for decades before it exploded.

Don P.
Dec 22, 2014

PLEASE help me Tonya. I begged for any help. We have thousands in airfare and NO place to stay. I begged you for help-call Marriott…..they say they don't even know you. PLEASEEEEEEE HELP US!

Stacey G.
Dec 22, 2014

Here is a chance to help us. Please send me any proof of contact with Marriott or who you were renting our unit from and or any past relationship with them and they said they will try and help me. In addition, send me the notification of the suspension of your contracts and then I will at least have a leg to stand on and your word will be proven. This is a chance to make this right. I will be the first person to stand up for you if you can provide me with anything.

Stacey G.
Dec 22, 2014

Look..... no reply. That tells you what type of company you dealing with. She drops the ball and leaves people hanging and fails to provide any proof that she ever had a rental available. She should be investigated for fraud. I hope anyone thinking about doing business with her in the future reads these posts and basis their decision on the victims statements. Sounds like Tonya is a lot of hot air.

Can you imagine spending thousands of dollars on airfare with a large group of family and only days away you get notified that the reservation you have doesn't exist. That's what Tonya and her scam company just did to this victim. Make your own decision if you want to suffer the same fate.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Dec 22, 2014 02:38 PM

Dec 22, 2014

so DonP- let me ask you this. I have been in business for over 10 years and in those 10 years what you see right here on this forum is the only negative things you will see on me out of about 100,000 rentals. One of the people involved in this slandering of my business on here owns a business too. I did my homework. That business has had 18 consumer complaints by customers to the BBB in the last 3 years in regards to product issues and service issues. They have 7 posted consumer complaints on Rip off Reports stating the similar things by different people. They also have no less than 10 negative reviews on another website that has a forum for their business type all from disgruntled customers. That's what I found in about 10 minutes on just 3 websites in my time just seeing what kind of business reviews they had. Look at those numbers versus mine... Who do you think is really bad with customer service? Now do I think that this person is a bad person who needs to be sued ?? No! I know that you cannot please people all the time and that for the few that have been unhappy with their services I am sure there are thousands more that were pleased. While I am not happy about the comments they have made on here about me and my business, I do understand that unhappy customers happen and I'm sure they try to appease them but sometimes that fails. It is no different in this industry.

Tonya W.
Dec 22, 2014

Try Vacation Candy. They were able to help me in a matter of hours.

Casey C.
Dec 22, 2014

Vacation candy seems to just find, compile and list others listings (mostly from redweek) but add a hefty commission. Dealing with an individual owner who owns the week and has a confirmed reservation, renting directly to you may be the best way to go. When you deal directly with the owner you can get first hand info. You don't have to go through this person, who has to go through that person to check with the resort directly if there is a problem. You will also likely get a better price dealing directly with the owner. N

Tracey S.
Dec 23, 2014

Tonya... reply to Stacey's situation. It looks like you really stuck it to her and she's pleading for help.

Don P.
Dec 23, 2014

I replied to Stacey directly via email yesterday.

Tonya W.
Dec 23, 2014

And she is still in here pleading for help. Apparently you failed to help her out of the situation you created. Stacey please let us know what is going on with your case.

Don P.
Dec 26, 2014

Dear Tonya, I'm so sorry all the problems you have now but I'm pretty sure you are going to solve them in good terms. You and your company has to much time doing good business... I sent to you an email, please... read and answer to me as son as posible.. Thanks, Janet

Janet & Antonio
Dec 30, 2014

Stacey I am curious if you ever got any relief from Dream Travel?

Casey C.
Jan 11, 2015

We got nothing-it was truly a travel nightmare with thousands of dollars wasted and Dream Travel-Tonya Williams did not lift a finger to help us make any arrangements as NOTHING was available. Do not be fooled that by refunding our money we were made financially whole in any way-we lost big! We continue to pursue any and all means to recover our losses. Also-her threats of "defamation of character" and "cease and desist" orders were as real as the condos at Marriott that we rented from her-neither happened.

Stacey G.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.