Timeshare Exchanges

Holiday Systems and Interval International

Jun 06, 2007

Hi- I'm a timeshare newbie... I've never exchanged or used my newly purchased timeshare. I want to exchange my time and want to know if it's best to stick with Holiday Systems and II... or just use Redweek or both or some other site? When I purchased my timeshare, we were auto enrolled in the two companies... but of course, I will have to pay to continue my membership. Is it worthwhile? Suggestions? Thanks in advance!!!

Jeanne S.
Jun 07, 2007

I'm not familiar with Holiday systems, but we had very good luck getting the exchanges we desired via II. The key is to deposit your timeshare early when there's more availibity, especially for hard to get areas (supply and demand).

Redweek is not really an exchange company, although that option is available if two people are interested in trading their timeshares with each other.

R P.
Jun 07, 2007

jayjay I'm not familiar with Holiday systems, but we had very good luck getting the exchanges we desired via II. The key is to deposit your timeshare early when there's more availibity, especially for hard to get areas (supply and demand). Q]

Does my deposit have to be picked up before I can officially exchange and travel to another resort?

Jeanne S.
Jun 08, 2007

No and with II you can search before you deposit.

Quote:
Does my deposit have to be picked up before I can officially exchange and travel to another resort?

R P.
Jun 08, 2007

Jeanne:

Thank you very much for inviting me. I'm looking at the prices and it seems much better owning a membership into HSI than owning a fractional ownership/timeshare. In any event, I wanted to know your experience with HSI. I know that you're new at it, but have you performed any searches? Is it easy to use? Can you really find last minute - less than 30 days notice (breakaway vacations) for as low as $100 for the week?

I guess that's the final piece in the puzzle for me. Now I've used Interval International, and know that this isn't the case. If you'd try to book an interval vacation less than 30 days, it's likely that the only spots available for you to go to would be like Minnesota or Missouri. Not that I have anything against those states, its just not on my list of states to visit when I want to go on a vacation.

If you haven't used it, yet, I'd really like to see some of the vacations that could be booked particularly on the breakaway weeks. Perhaps we could work something out. I understand that HSI lets you let people use your username and password and authorize them to book a vacation. If you would let me, I would be extremely curious to see the available vacations and you wouldn't authorize me to use any of your weeks. Alternatively, if you wanted to authorize me to use a vacation, I could pay for the cost of the vacation to you. For example, if the vacation that I booked cost $399, then I'd pay for the $399 vacation and pay you $399 for letting me book the vacation. I just got back from Puerto Vallarta, so am not so eager to go on another trip anytime soon.

Thanks for the invite again!

Alastair

Al O.

Last edited by marty8084 on Jun 08, 2007 03:27 PM

Sep 10, 2009

Holiday Systems is one of those companies that everyone should avoid like the plague. They have this special called "BURN WEEKS" which is supposed to be last minute deals-They show you a VERY low price for the week well FORGET IT! Like they say if it's to good to be true it is. I signed up for an all inclusive last minute special for approximately $600.00 only to find out that when I went to pay for it I was told there was an additional $135.00 PER PERSON-PER DAY MANDATORY fee. I booked my airfare only to find out I was going to be hit with an additional fee of $270.00 USD PER DAY fee on top of what I paid for the hotel. AVOID HOLIDAY SYSTEMS NOW. NEVER EVER EVER BUY A TIMESHARE-SAVE YOUR MONEY AND BUY YOUR VACATION TIMESHARES ON EITHER EBAY OR CRAIGSLIST. We purchase a week in Cancun at the Cancun Mayan ($2,000 per week) for $650.00 last year. We just spent another week in Cancun on the beach in a 2BR condo for $80.00 per night again we found it on Craigslist. WE PAY NO MANDATORY YEARLY MAINT. FEE, NO JOIN THIS BS CLUB FEE, NO TRANSFER FEES-TIME SHARES ARE THE BIGGEST MISTAKE YOU CAN MAKE. IF YOU INSIST IN BUYING A TIME SHARE BUY ONE ON EBAY FOR TEN CENTS ON THE DOLLAR. TIMESHARE PRESENTAIONS ??? BRING A TAPE RECORDER WITH YOU AND SEE WHAT THEY SAY WHEN YOU SIT DOWN WITH A SALES MAN. SIT BY THE POOL, HAVE A FEW BEERS AND BUY A TIMESHARE ALL THE WAY IN THE BACK BY THE WOODS...IT'S ALL BS.......NOT A TIME SHARE OWNER FAN...

Paul R.

Last edited by marty8084 on Sep 10, 2009 05:03 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.