Oct 15, 2007

Why is that for two years I have not found a picture of "The Ridge" on the internet. We bought three weeks in 2005 while the first building was being built. Went the next year but they were not done with ours and the jackhammers were too noisy. Skipped this year. Still have not seen a photo of the ridge finished. Did they forget to build the rest or did they forget how to use a camera?

Has anyone seen the finished product? Can you suggest a web site where I can see actual pictures of the finished resort? Thanks

Shelli P.
Oct 31, 2007

We stayed on the Ridge last July--it's awesome! I personally have pictures of the pool area and the view from our unit, but don't know where you can find some on the internet other than to poke around the different rental ads.

Lisa

lisacristwell
Nov 02, 2007

lisac122 wrote:
We stayed on the Ridge last July--it's awesome! I personally have pictures of the pool area and the view from our unit, but don't know where you can find some on the internet other than to poke around the different rental ads.

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

If you would like to email your pictures to RedWeek.com we would like to add your pictures to the resort's photos. Please email them to support@redweek.com, attention Marty.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Dec 01, 2007

One can search the online photo albums too, many pictures on places like Flickr with a keyword search of PLaya Grande Ridge. http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=playa+grande+ridge

I stayed at the ridge in April 2006, while still under construction. I didn't like it as much as the older part of the hotel. The view as nice as were the rooms, but I missed the sound of the surf and the easy access to the big pools and lobby. The ridge seemd to lack the Mecican flavor of the older part of the hotel. Both the adults and teens in our group liked the water slide though.

I enjoyed my stay as always at Playa Grande, but next time I get an upgrade offer to stay at the ridge I'm going to pass.

Jac B.
Jan 04, 2008

I own week 14 in what is called the "Eagles Nest" which is a delux villa on the very top of The Ridge. It is gorgeous up there. The view is spectacular. You have a 360 view encompassing the marina, Sea of Cortez and the Pacific ocean. It really surpassed my expectations upon completion. I highly recommend it. If there is one drawback, it might be that you have a long walk down to the entrance/front desk. We were promised an elevator which would deliver you down to the main road but that has yet to come into fruition. I can't imagine it being any nicer.

Deborah M.
Mar 10, 2008

shelli9 wrote:
Why is that for two years I have not found a picture of "The Ridge" on the internet. We bought three weeks in 2005 while the first building was being built. Went the next year but they were not done with ours and the jackhammers were too noisy. Skipped this year. Still have not seen a photo of the ridge finished. Did they forget to build the rest or did they forget how to use a camera?

Has anyone seen the finished product? Can you suggest a web site where I can see actual pictures of the finished resort? Thanks

We bought a one bedroom on the Ridge and stayed there for the first time in November. We love it. We have a great view of the Marina, and love to sit on the balcony at night. I really hated to leave.

Paula M.
Jul 22, 2008

Our unit is on the ridge. We are above the pools and our balcony looks directly on the slide. The nighttime views are amazing from our unit. We can see the marina from one side of the balcony and the ocean from the other.

It does take a bit of a walk to get to the main hotel and beach but I look at it as exercise.

Can't go this year so I know whoever ends up in our unit will love it as much as us.

Sandy G.
Feb 17, 2009

marty8084 wrote:
lisac122 wrote:

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

If you would like to email your pictures to RedWeek.com we would like to add your pictures to the resort's photos. Please email them to support@redweek.com, attention Marty.

Thanks, Marty

Dianne M.
Feb 17, 2009

I tried sending this message but it did not go through, so if it is duplicated my apologies. My husband and I are leaving for Cabo on Sunday and staying at the Playa Grande. We have never stayed there before but I was reading on the Trip Advisor that the "Ridge" is newer, quieter but farther away from the beach and pools. It also said that it is closer to the marina and town. My husband has trouble walking too far and we thought that the Ridge would be easier to get to these locations. My concern is that I have also read that it is quite secluded from the rest of the resort and that if you do not get a high enough floor the views can be of the street and the street is noisy from the buses and cars. We have been looking forward to this vacation for a long time and do not want to be disappointed because of this location. We are also bringing friends and we do not want them to be disappointed either. If anyone has stayed at the Ridge could you please give me some info on the surroundings and the views and what suites are better for unobstructed views and are not on the street side. We were told the suites are bigger and nicer than the PG . We are booked in a two bedroom, three bath and would like to know what they are like and what to expect. We were hoping for a view of the ocean as I thought they were all ocean views as this is what the resort told me when I called. I have tried to find pictures of the "RIdge" but they do not show any on the PG site.

Thanks D.

Dianne M.
Feb 18, 2009

I own units at Playa Grande and The Ridge. If you'd like, email me at mac3440@gmail.com and I'll tell you anything you want to know(including which buildings to stay in and which to avoid). My name is Deb.

Deborah M.
Mar 02, 2009

So Deb, Which are the best rooms to stay in? Thank you, Dan

Dan B.
Mar 03, 2009

If you are staying at the Ridge, request either C, D or A building. Do NOT accept E or B building as you will be looking over the street which is not very pleasant and very noisy. If you stay at Playa Grande, choose A, O or P. It's tough to get a bad view anywhere at PG but those buildings will get you closer to the ocean. Hopes this helps. Have fun!

Deborah M.
Nov 03, 2011

Hi,

We own a Platinum week at the Playa Grande resort. This time we are traveling with our (2) 20 year old daughters. We want to book a room on the ridge that has great views but also has two bedrooms :-) Can you recommend which presidential suites or eagles nest rooms we should upgrade to and who to ask for on the ridge to help us that we could ask for by name and with a direct dial number?

Any advice is MOST appreciated. We are planning to go 2/18 for a week. Thank you

Monica G.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.