Timeshare Exchanges

II GETAWAY PROGRAM!

Aug 19, 2008

No matter what some people think this airline problem and cost is hurting Hawaii!

I was watching II Getaway last few days including today and can not believe what I'm seeing.

Maui and Kaual have three pages of studio/one bedrooms and two bedrooms and most run from $800 to $1100 for the week. I did a check from next week up through Dec 08 to see these deals.

Couple days ago there was three units at two of the top resorts in Maui and of coarse there now gone.

It took us three months to get our exchange into a resort we wanted in Maui and now they have them for around $850 and these are great deals.

This resort is always listed on Redweek rental for around $1500 and on the exchange over 2000 points which sounds better than over $2000 for exchange.

I have looked at the Getaways before for Hawaii and found one page tops and now most of the islands have more than one page.

I still don't know if these units come from exchanges that II couldn't get rid of or are handed over from the resort or maybe both but these are great deals.

Wish we could grab one now but after losing our Maui trip in May 08 because of both airlines closing we have no plans to put up with the airlines games for few years.

All the people that knock II, this is one of those perks of being a member! You just grab the week from II for great prices and no worry of being scammed by some owner/agent!

Phill12

Phil L.
Aug 20, 2008

Aruba for $400, Fort Lauderdale for just over $200. The deals are crazy. I just wish I had more $$ and more vacation weeks from work so I could take advantage. Makes me think that i have 2 TS weeks, but I'd be quite happy with just the one and buy into some of these deals as a result.

Dave S.
Aug 21, 2008

daves250 wrote:
Aruba for $400, Fort Lauderdale for just over $200. The deals are crazy. I just wish I had more $$ and more vacation weeks from work so I could take advantage. Makes me think that i have 2 TS weeks, but I'd be quite happy with just the one and buy into some of these deals as a result.

Dave did you just look at the getaway list or enter search getaways for Aruba area?

If you just hit the getaway for Hawaii you get one or two pages but use search and you have three pages on some of the islands.

What is strange is these listings are not your lower end resorts but Gold Leaf and Silver resorts.

I have to agree with you about using the getaway more.

We own two units at the Ridge Tahoe because we love the area and resort and can use one and exchange other even year if we want or rent it out. We go up every fourth of July week.

The cost of a two bedroom at the Sands of Kahana in Maui now is $850 for the week and our maintance fee's alone for each Ridge unit is $884 starting 2009 plus taxes.

We thought of buying a unit at the Sands of Kahana this year but with these deals it would be stupid to buy.

We may have to start thinking of your idea of selling one unit.

Last months list showed Williamsburge two bedrooms at the Marriott for under four hundred which is much cheaper than some of the lower tier resorts there.

Of coarse once the airlines fix their problems these deals won't have as many choices for us members!

PHIL

Phil L.

Last edited by phill12 on Nov 08, 2008 02:33 PM

Aug 25, 2008

Think there was a page and a half of possible Aruba rentals....had to run away though, can't afford Aruba right now. Also saw Atlantic City for $240 for studio and about $300 for 1 bedroom. I go there about twice a year for boxing events and I'm privvy to a really good price of about $125 per night for Caesars/Ballys which comes out to about $158 after taxes and fees. I thought this high until I searched on my own and was coming out with prices of $350-$400 for same rooms. I know it's not on the boardwalk, but damn, still worth it. Even if I stay 2 nights and leave.

Dave S.
Aug 30, 2008

Phil we sold couple of our timeshares last year just because of these getaways with II.

We have taken couple vacations now on them and paid much less than our maintenance fee's and had better resorts than we sold.

What was nice was the fact we didn't spend a year waiting for a notice on our exchange.

We checked out the getaways when we had a week vacation due and one call and we were set to go and had a great time at a Gold Leaf resort(5 star).

Darlene P.
Sep 03, 2008

darlenep30 Phil we sold couple of our timeshares last year just because of these getaways with II.

[PHILL12]

Nice to see you back even if for just a short time!

I doubt you sold your Hyatt High Sierra Timeshare or your Maui unit.

That only leaves your Florida and Kauai timeshares.

It would be nice to get together in Lake Tahoe but with you guys up for winter at North Shore and us only up during summer months at South Shore don't think it will happen.

Maybe someday!

PHILL12

Phil L.

Last edited by phill12 on Jul 11, 2009 12:29 PM

Sep 09, 2008

phill12

darlenep30 wrote:
Phil we sold couple of our timeshares last year just because of these getaways with II.

{PHILL12} Nice to see you back even if for just a short time!

I doubt you sold your Hyatt High Sierra Timeshare or your Maui unit.

That only leaves your florida and Kauai timeshares.

I would guess that your maintenence fee's on the Kauai resort were the one you meant where higher than your getaway cost.

It would be nice to get together in Lake Tahoe but with you guys up for skiiing at North Shore and us only up during summer months at South Shore don't think it will happen.

Maybe someday Darlene!

PHILL12

Hi Phil!

Your right we would never sell our Lake Tahoe timeshare and love our Maui resort.

Once we did leave Rci the Maui unit was only one dealing with Rci but we still kept it because we do use it every year.

We did find after joining II few years ago that there was just to many good deals with these getaways to keep paying mf's on two of our resorts when we could go back there on Getaways if we wanted.

Now that we are down to two units we have same problem as you guys in that we can not trade now because we always go to Lake Tahoe in the winter and Maui in the summer.

Hope we don't find ourselves like you did last year and need to buy another timeshare to exchange.

DARLENE!

Darlene P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.