General Discussion

Royal HOliday is a scam

Mar 28, 2019

Robert T. sounds like you are financially creative and savvy person. I’m sure you should understand my calculations below.

I’ve already mentioned in my previous post that my annual fee is $460 + average cost of my contract per year $267. Thus, my pre-payment for my annual vacation with Royal Holiday is $460 + $267 = $727. So I have to add $727 to all additional money I have to pay for my vacation booked with RH. As I’ve already explained TOTAL cost of my vacation with RH is ALWAYS HUNDREDS $$$ more compare what I can buy from major travel sites. This happened every year. Where are those attractive and very affordable numbers sales people demonstrated to us during presentation? What's a point to be a members if the same vacation cost for two of us hundreds of $$$ more? I’m not alone and I know most of members have the same problem.

You mentioned that you have total 185,000 points with Royal Holiday every year. I’m sure you do have total number in your head how much TOTAL it cost for you on average every year total annual fees + average contracts cost per year + buying additional points on eBay? Might be your advise will help members to get at least something from their useless memberships. We all expect your honest answer. Thank you in advance.

Klim G.
Mar 28, 2019

You want to get rid of your memberships sell them on Ebay for $1 and offer the pay the transfer fee ($650.) to get the membership out of your name and into the new owners name. It's that simple and no lawyers or scam companies are involved. You will never get what you paid for it because it has no monetary value but you will stop the maintenance fees for the remainder of your contract and be free from a company that you all don't want to be part of. No one forced any of you to purchase these high priced memberships directly for Royal Holiday Club where you were charged way to much for nothing. You could have walked out of the presentation at anytime you wanted most people are afraid to walk out because you don't want to loose whatever they promised you to attend the presentation. All timeshare companies are the same and charge way to much but if you buy one from the resale market you can get the same membership or ownership for as little nothing and save your self tens of thousands of dollars. When you don't have to figure that hugh up front cost into your yearly cost and only the yearly maintenance fees Royal Holiday is cheaper then booking with expedia, orbitz or direct with a resort. Example my cost for 4 adults in two suites at the Bavaro Princess in Punta Cana would be $2146 with Royal Holiday($1372 all-inclusive fee for 4 adults and $774 for my maintenance fee). If booked with Princess Hotels the same trip would cost $2969 so buy using my membership with Royal Holiday I would save $823. Again before you want to argue about the cost I acquired my points for almost nothing and was actually given a cash incentive to purchase my memberships so I didn't shell out $20000 or $30000 for a membership. I only have to figure in the yearly maintenance fee and if there is a all inclusive fee charged into my vacation cost. I feel sorry for any of you that were mislead by Royal Holiday Club and paid way to much for your points.

Robert T.
Mar 28, 2019

Sari

Last edited by sarip4 on May 28, 2019 11:57 AM

Mar 29, 2019

Sari

Last edited by sarip4 on Mar 30, 2019 02:56 PM

Apr 03, 2019

We still plan to go on 2019 vacation with my wife. We recently shifted our vacation to July. Yesterday I asked Royal Holiday Club (RHC) rep to make quotes for two adults at Bavaro Princess for Jul 1- 8, 2019. He asked me to pay additional $1,361 USD which brings total cost of our 2019 vacation for 2 adults to $2,088 USD ( $1,361 + $460 (annual fee) + $267 ( average annual contract cost) ). However, the same resort for the same dates and accommodations on www.kayak.com cost only $1,173.55 USD for general public. That means RHC members' cost is $914.45 USD more for the same vacation and accommodation. It's even worse compare with $806 USD for our December quote. I made screen prints from kayak.com and RHC site for both quotes and emailed to Juan Fonseca in Mexico office. He is main public relations person for RHC. I asked him where are is my savings for this 2019 reservation? NO RESPONSE from Juan Fonseca.

I'm just wondering if people on this forum tried to book 2019 vacation. If yes what was the total cost which includes annual fee and average contract cost per year. I do understand that RHC cost depend on the level of membership. Please share with other members.

Klim G.
Apr 03, 2019

You must have had to purchase additional credits to make your reservation. That's what adds to your vacation cost when you only have 5000 points you have to pay .05 for each additional point you need to make your reservation.

Robert T.
Apr 03, 2019

Robert T. I don't know what is your educational background but you miss the most important point that I brought to this forum. You either don't understand this simple business rule or you are intentionally trying to convince scammed members on this forum again to buy more points or upgrade their membership. By the way this is exactly what RHC wants - to scam frustrated members even more.

Sorry, but I'm not the first on this forum who suspect that you are on RHC site and hired to confuse here members more. Otherwise if you have 180,000 points and very happy with RHC service why you spend your personal time to be here? Should be a reason why you are here.

The business rule is simple - total cost of vacation with Royal Holiday cannot be more (or even less) than cost of the same vacation available on travel sites for general public. Because what's a point to join the club and pay thousands of dollars upfront and pay annual fees for 30 years. I hope it's clear for anyone. If they would demonstrated me and my wife at sales presentation that our total vacation cost would be more that it cost to the rest of the public we would never join the RHC. Why to pay more? I'm sure other members would do the same. On the contrary, me and my wife scrutinized every number they gave us on presentation and for us as financial professional was clear that we can save money even with our bronze membership based on their total costs. Obviously RHC lied at their presentation to us like to others. They just twisted the numbers to make total cost look good for us and sign in contract.

Doesn't matter how many points I have MY TOTAL COST ( annual fee + average contract cost per year + RHC extra cost) OF MY 2019 VACATION CANNOT BE $915 USD MORE THAN THE PRICE FROM MAJOR TRAVEL SITES AVAILABLE TO GENERAL PUBLIC. My previous post brings all the numbers together. RHC analyst Juan Fonseca got all my quotes from kayak.com and he NEVER responded me back on my question why the same vacation cost us $915 USD more with RHC. Because RHC business is a scam.

We are also members of UVC and Holiday Inn travel clubs and I can assure you that we NEVER had such nonsense with them. Every time our total vacation cost is 15-25 % less than cheapest price for general public.

Klim G.
Apr 03, 2019

You missed my point any body that purchases any timeshare from the developer is over paying for their timeshare and when you purchase points from a developer you are purchasing something that has no value at all. That's why I acquired my points with Royal Holiday on the resale market for nothing. Even with paying the maintenance fees every year I get a lot of value from my membership. Example I can stay for 6 week in a two bedroom unit at the Paradise Beach Villas in Aruba for a maintenance fee of $4000. If I rented those weeks here on red week it would cost me $7200 or more for the same 6 weeks so that's a savings of at least $3200. If you didn't over pay for your membership and actually had enough points to make a reservation without having to buy extra points every year then you would get my point.

Robert T.
Apr 04, 2019

Robert T. I didn’t miss your point. I got it. Thank you. Yes, your advise is financially very smart move. However, your advise for all of us to get points NOT FROM ROYAL HOLIDAY but on eBay kind of late now. Give us advise how to deal with our current status of scammed and ignored members. We are scammed not because we are all stupid here but because Royal Holiday Club reps lied on our presentations. My wife and I are financial professional with experience and we scrutinized every number they showed us. We spent 3 days researching before we bought. It was perfect sense to enter the club even with Bronze membership and later just add money to get a vacation from them. Total cost of our vacations including cost of membership they demonstrated on our presentation NEVER was more than on major travel sites. Robert T. do you understand my point? I hope it’s not required to be a CPA or bookkeeper to calculate total annual expense to be RHC member and find out if it makes sense to join or not.

We definitely were sure that everything they show to us on presentation was true. But it was not. We all here were scammed by RHC. Most of members here had similar experience. Recently I tried to get quotes for my 2019 vacation for 2 adults at Bavaro Princess for different months. Both quotes came from RHC with TOTAL COST from $806 to $915 USD more than it cost on travel web sites. That’s where the problem is. I contacted both times Juan Conseca at RHC. He even never responded. Sure he knows RHC scammed us all. RHC is immune to US law and do their operations outside US.

Robert T. you should still see savings in total cost of your vacation compare with non-members doesn’t matter what is your level of membership. Yes, I understand that I have to add more money because I have fewer points. However, TOTAL COST OF MY VACATION CAN’T BE MORE THAN COST FOR NON-MEMBERS. Otherwise what point to pay upfront thousands of USD and pay annual fee if I can get THE SAME VACATION MUCH CHEAPER IF I’M NOT A MEMBER. Are you agreed or not? It perfectly works for my another UVC and Holiday Inn clubs.

Klim G.
Apr 04, 2019

Sari

Last edited by sarip4 on May 28, 2019 11:55 AM

Apr 04, 2019

Sari

Last edited by sarip4 on Apr 06, 2019 07:45 AM

Apr 10, 2019

As I mentioned in my previous posts we got our 2019 vacation quotes from RHC. Quotes for July was 915 USD more than it cost to non-members and for Dec $806 USD more. Why cost of vacation for members is much more than for non-members? What’s the point to be RHC members? We are also members of couple of travel clubs and we do see savings these clubs promised to us. Another story with RHC.

I have tried to contact RHC front man Juan Fonseca several times via email. No response. We have called him several times and he never picked up his phone and his answering machine didn’t accepted more messages.

We have complained to Better Business Bureau (BBB) on South Florida and Caribbean about this matter. Finally Mr. Fonseca responded to BBB. He stated that RHC NEVER PROMISED ANY SAVINGS ON VACATIONS TO ANY MEMBER and my contract doesn’t have anything about this matter. There are no honesty and decency in his response.

Are my wife and I are only people who were promised savings on vacation during our presentation? It’s hard to believe that other people paid thousands of dollars for contract and annual fee without even any benefits or savings. I just want to ask people on this forum what they would recommend to do with this membership. Do they ever calculated TOTAL COSTS of their annual vacations with Royal Holiday Club? What they found attractive if did find TOTAL COSTS OF THEIR ANNUAL VACATION ?

Klim G.
Apr 11, 2019

Sari

Last edited by sarip4 on Apr 14, 2019 05:00 AM

Apr 13, 2019

Jk K.

Last edited by joycek153 on Apr 14, 2019 12:41 PM

Apr 14, 2019

Sari

Last edited by sarip4 on May 28, 2019 11:59 AM

Apr 14, 2019

Jk K.

Last edited by joycek153 on Apr 14, 2019 12:40 PM

Apr 14, 2019

Sari

Last edited by sarip4 on May 14, 2019 02:37 AM

May 14, 2019

Sari

Last edited by sarip4 on May 28, 2019 11:55 AM

Jun 15, 2019

What about the 1% that are not? I took a leap of faith as he suggests above and it paid off. The big issue is how to find the 1%.

Roger F.

Last edited by phyl21 on Jun 16, 2019 08:19 AM

Jun 16, 2019

A fool and his money are soon parted . The SCAMMERS credo .

Don P.

Last edited by phyl21 on Jun 16, 2019 08:19 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.