Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Wyndham timeshare any way to stop the contract?

Apr 07, 2019

No, not paid off. In fact, I have only paid the downpayment. I have not started on the monthly installments yet.

Lilian S.
Apr 08, 2019

Cecilia112, I am reposting as I think I poster my earlier message on the wrong thread.

I said that your post gives me hope. So you basically just stopped payment and walked away? I contacted Wyndham and they referred me to a reseller. So I did. But the reseller was quite honest to say it would be hard to sell. So I am now looking for other options to not lose any more money than we already had. I am thinking of also just stopping the automatic payment. Did you encounter any legal problems? I hope you can reply and thank you in advance.

Lilian S.
Apr 12, 2019

OMG we faced the same problem my parent went to buy Disney ticket and they get caught cause my mom doesn't know English, a person explained everything to her in Arabic and obviously everything he said was lies I really was pussed cause I was a sleep when they did that from A to Z not a single word he said was the truth ! It piss me off that mom signed the paper we tried to contact them to cancel it they tell us to resell it but it was hard to find a buyer they forced us to buys two rather than one si my dad have stopped paying for one for now a year first they called us few times dad ignored them cause they ignored us well as he said after a year they sent us a letter asking us to pay or we can resolve it by cancelling it legally but my dad friend is American told him to stop paying cause they won't be able to do anything to him ! So my dad still not sure he want to sue them for lying but I know it won't work cause everything was legall there is no hole !! Screw Wyndham timeshare a punch of liars hope no one falls for them and their digusting lies

Nova A.
Jun 25, 2019

I also bought a wyndham timeshare on november 2018 (biggest mistake ever) I was promised a lot of things that I never got. I've been searching on the internet ways to cancel the timeshare and I haven't gotten any luck.

People who are going through this same situation say to just stop paying. Luckily, the credit card I registered for the auto payments got expired and I haven't given any new card to register. I don't live in the US so credit points is not something I worry about.

The only things I'm worried about is if I will have any problem in the future everytime I enter the US as a tourist.

If you or anyone can help me with this concerned would be highly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Christian H.
Jun 26, 2019

christianh48 wrote:
The only things I'm worried about is if I will have any problem in the future everytime I enter the US as a tourist.

No, that should not be a problem.

Lance C.
Jul 23, 2019

I am in the same boat. They lied to us so bad and I want out. I am worried about my credit as I have finally gotten to a good place with it. Please let me know what you all have done.

Detra D.
Jul 24, 2019

detrad3 wrote:
I am in the same boat. They lied to us so bad and I want out. I am worried about my credit as I have finally gotten to a good place with it. Please let me know what you all have done.

Can you answer a few questions such as How much do you owe on the mortgage? Do you still owe maintenance fees? How long ago did you purchase?

Just remember not to contact any of these companies, law firms, or charities that claim they can "cancel" your timeshare.

Lance C.
Aug 18, 2019

Hey ken hopefully I can get a quick response I just became a owner yesterday and tbh it’s just to much to take in All I see is bad reviews I want out I seen above you said I’m able to cancel with in 10 days how where do I go ?

Jose R.
Aug 18, 2019

Hey ken c if you could if you ya e more info on how to cancel with in the 10 days let me know

Jose R.

Last edited by phyl21 on Aug 18, 2019 06:48 AM

Aug 18, 2019

I'm not Ken but this should help:

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/sticky-how-do-i-rescind-cancel-my-timeshare-purchase.189301/

Remember to send it via certified mail so you can ask for a receipt to prove you mailed it in time. The only place you have to go is to the post office. Do not go to the resort, the sales center, or the sales people. Do what the instructions tell you to do in the owner's packet you received when you purchased it. Make sure everybody who signed the purchase agreement also signs the rescission letter. You do not have to explain why you are rescinding.

Get on it quickly!

Once they receive the letter, they have up to 45 days to refund you everything you paid thus far. It does not usually take that long, however. Monitor your credit card activity to see when they refunded. Do not call the sales center or resort asking if they received your letter because they might try to talk you out of rescinding.

Lance C.
Sep 18, 2019

Hello , my name is Karla in 25 years old I just bought Wyndham timeshare about 4 months ago , but it turns out everything we have been promised is a lie n there's never anything available to book n I just want to cxl it or get out of it .... Any help? I do see it's been added to my credit n it's messing it up n I don't even have credit to begin with.... Can I just stop paying? Call a lawyer ? What can I do I really want out I cannot afford to pay and there's extra fees I was not told about..

Karla V.
Sep 19, 2019

karlav27 wrote:
I just bought Wyndham timeshare about 4 months ago....I just want to cxl it or get out of it .... Any help? I do see it's been added to my credit n it's messing it up n I don't even have credit to begin with.... Can I just stop paying? Call a lawyer ? What can I do I really want out...

First of all, there's no need to call a lawyer. That will just be an expensive nothing.

Yes, you can just stop paying. You would lose everything you've paid into this thus far but at least the financial bleeding would stop. You would also face a number of collection calls and letters but those can be ignored. You might face a ding on your credit history and rating but, unless you are planning a big loan in the near future, that ding should not affect you much.

And again, this cannot be overemphasized, do not go contacting any attorney, law firm, charity, or other company that claims it can "cancel" your timeshare and mortgage.

Lance C.
Sep 20, 2019

I know of a way to get the timeshare company to want to refund your money if they indeed lied to you. It is a simplistic idea that I have seen work! If you make flyers describing all the ways they wronged you or take excerpts from other peoples experiences online, print them up, make large signs and picket outside of one of their properties, they will lose so much business, in one day of prospects walking past your signs, they will refund. It may take several days of this, for them to scramble and determine how much they are losing, but they will come around.

Brian B

Last edited by phyl21 on Sep 20, 2019 09:00 AM

Sep 20, 2019

I was suckered into a timeshare by club wyndham on 8/31/19 tried to rescind an was told a day late was told all id pay was 400 a month turns out to 800 a month any ideas

Randi H.
Sep 21, 2019

randih36 wrote:
I was suckered into a timeshare by club wyndham on 8/31/19 tried to rescind an was told a day late was told all id pay was 400 a month turns out to 800 a month any ideas

How much have you paid so far? How much more do you owe? Depending on the amounts, you might just stop all payments and lose what you have sunk into this so far.

Can you explain what the $400 per month was for and how it turns out to be $800?

The one thing to watch out for are these companies, law firms, and charities that claim they can cancel and end everything for you. These are usually scams.

Lance C.
Dec 30, 2019

I bought my Wyndham timeshares in April of this year when I went to Vegas. In May I took a day off from work and decided to thoroughly go through my contract because everytime I call them I'm hearing something different. Turns out it was all a lie. I never made a payment to them but according to the contract my downpayment was made through vacations club resort which is a loan from comenity bank. I wasn't even aware I was taking out a loan from Comenity bank...I contacted the bank, vacations club and Wyndham Owners' care and nothing has been done. It does affect my credit score...I hardly get any letters and now zero calls from Wyndham but Comenity bank has been sending alot of payments reminders and now a letter about collections. I need some advice because I have no intention of paying Comenity bank. It is showing on my credit report as a delinquent credit card payment.

Cally

Last edited by caleciaw on Dec 30, 2019 09:17 PM

Dec 31, 2019

caleciaw wrote:
I need some advice because I have no intention of paying Comenity bank. It is showing on my credit report as a delinquent credit card payment.

Try cancelling the credit card.

Lance C.
Jan 03, 2020

You can gift it to family or friends. There is a fee I believe but you will not continue to pay maintenance fees on something you never use.

Smooth L.
Jan 03, 2020

You can gift it to family or friends. There is a fee I believe but you will not continue to pay maintenance fees on something you never use.

sues731 wrote:
Hello, I made the mistake of buying a timeshare from Fairfield that became Wyndham, have had for YEARS, never ever use it, because they never have availability and their locations don't work for me. It's been paid off for a super long time, but I'm sick of paying the monthly maint fees etc, for something that is totally useless. I know it has no value, and don't expect $ for it, but-- I have super good credit, and that's important. I live in the US. If I just stop paying, would they seriously come after me? How can I end this besides faking my own death? (jk)

Smooth L.
Jan 03, 2020

I could close the account but that will stop the fees from climbing sky high

Cally

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.