Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Rental Listings Changed — No Longer by Date (by KC):

One might reasonably speculate that the recent policy change regarding the organization / order of RedWeek ad listings is related to Arrivia (a travel related company) having recently "acquired" RedWeek (apparently as of September 1, 2022).

Organization of ads by date (regardless of whether individual ads are "verified", "protected", "handled by RedWeek", etc.) obviously makes logical sense. Viewers should be able to see all of the rental ads listed chronologically by date, thereby allowing viewers to immediately see and compare all rentals together for any given date at that particular resort and then decide for themselves just how much they care about the "protected", "verified", etc. status of any listing(s) of interest to them. Simple common sense.

One has to assume that, as a result of this RedWeek policy change with listing / order of rental ads, some unhappy owners may choose to just advertise their timeshare rentals elsewhere, while others will surely just opt to pay the freight to have their ads in the most easily seen and prominent placement. Time will tell if this RedWeek change in rental listings organization is of any real impact or concern for Arrivia from a financial (i.e., lost revenue) perspective; I am personally inclined to doubt that, quite frankly.

Historically, RedWeek has been a great site (probably the very best site, actually) on which to post or find timeshare resales and / or timeshare rentals, but "past performance is no guarantee of future results", as the financial services and investment company ads routinely state. We'll see how this debacle unfolds over time, but I have to wonder if Arrivia might prove to be more interested in using this long established and popular RedWeek site to peddle its' own travel services, as opposed to just remaining a site for posting individual timeshare resale and timeshare rental ads, as it has always previously been. Time will surely tell...