Ask RedWeek

Rental Listings Changed — No Longer by Date

Nov 30, 2022

I just looked at my rental posting and it is not shown based upon date—which it has always been over many years of using Redweek. That is the logical way potential renters would search for available units. Not a good change and I will consider other sites to list if I do not get responses I have in the past.

Craig C.
Dec 07, 2022

Redweek is listing by date, but the Redweek "verified" are listed first. Its like the BOLD only its pink....$$$$$$$$$

DOOR COUNTY SNOWBIRDS
Dec 12, 2022

I just posted a question about this. When did this start? I couldn't find my posting anywhere until customer service told me the listings were after ALL the verified. This is awful How is anyone supposed to find your listing now? Horrible change very disappointing after all the money it costs to be a member and to post a verified listing

Caroline L.
Dec 14, 2022

I echo the sentiments about Redweek NOT posting the listings in date order and the financial harm being done to those posting their rentals. I have not had a single inquiry for Christmas week in Florida and I had to withdraw another posting in Florida in January due to a lack of inquiries for a prime week. This new policy needs to change!

Cathy H.
Dec 14, 2022

I echo your frustration Craig!

Cathy H.
Dec 19, 2022

So I'm not only owner upset by your policy with no notice, maybe time for owners to start their own owner site. I also for no response for Allantis or Maui or St. JOHNS. Why cause they want to control your properties. Come find me!

Dean D.
Dec 19, 2022

caroline22 wrote:
I just posted a question about this. When did this start? I couldn't find my posting anywhere until customer service told me the listings were after ALL the verified. This is awful How is anyone supposed to find your listing now? Horrible change very disappointing after all the money it costs to be a member and to post a verified listing

Dean D.
Dec 20, 2022

One might reasonably speculate that the recent policy change regarding the organization / order of RedWeek ad listings is related to Arrivia (a travel related company) having recently "acquired" RedWeek (apparently as of September 1, 2022).

Organization of ads by date (regardless of whether individual ads are "verified", "protected", "handled by RedWeek", etc.) obviously makes logical sense. Viewers should be able to see all of the rental ads listed chronologically by date, thereby allowing viewers to immediately see and compare all rentals together for any given date at that particular resort and then decide for themselves just how much they care about the "protected", "verified", etc. status of any listing(s) of interest to them. Simple common sense.

One has to assume that, as a result of this RedWeek policy change with listing / order of rental ads, some unhappy owners may choose to just advertise their timeshare rentals elsewhere, while others will surely just opt to pay the freight to have their ads in the most easily seen and prominent placement. Time will tell if this RedWeek change in rental listings organization is of any real impact or concern for Arrivia from a financial (i.e., lost revenue) perspective; I am personally inclined to doubt that, quite frankly.

Historically, RedWeek has been a great site (probably the very best site, actually) on which to post or find timeshare resales and / or timeshare rentals, but "past performance is no guarantee of future results", as the financial services and investment company ads routinely state. We'll see how this debacle unfolds over time, but I have to wonder if Arrivia might prove to be more interested in using this long established and popular RedWeek site to peddle its' own travel services, as opposed to just remaining a site for posting individual timeshare resale and timeshare rental ads, as it has always previously been. Time will surely tell...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 27, 2022 06:50 AM

Dec 27, 2022

I agreed with you that rental list should list by Date. This is not fair that I cannot even find my own rental listing for two weeks until I dig into the entire page and finally found that it is Sorted By "Features" on the Top-Right page. I think this software program is fraud. Even I paid extra $15 for “Verified checked Feature" and my Rental List still at the second portion of “January to December” List, such no one will even think the retrieval result page will have the" first" and "second" set of January to December List. For example, If I am the renter and I am looking for July rental, when I scroll to August then I know I go too far. What that said is that no one will even go further down to see the second set of January to December List (which is Non-FULL SERVICES set). I am Red Week member for more than 10 years and I listed my rental numerous times and already rented out in one or two weeks most. Since Red Week changed this new FULL SERVICES “Features”. I posted my rental list for two months already and have not heard from any inquiry. That proof Red Week attempt to enforce every member use their FULL SERVICES. If you do not use FULL SERVICES then no one will see your post. Even though “Verified checked” feature and FULL SERVICES feature still need Timeshare Owner forwards the owner’s booking email and need Time Share owner to add the guest’s name to the booking record, so I did not see advantage for this FULL SERVICES. I am a computer software engineer in the last 35 years and I have not seen the program logic like that. Hope RedWeek can do the right thing and correct that simple program logic to show the retrieval result set by resort “Check-in Date”, not FULL SERVICES feature. Thanks.

Tracy M.
Jan 23, 2023

My frustration as well . . . the default on Redweek should ALWAY be by date, with the "featured/verified" properties highlighted. Potential renters can then choose the setting to scroll based on their preference. I posted a Kauai and Oahu week over a week ago and wondered why I haven't had messages in my inbox regarding the postings. This has NEVER happened before and because our postings are not being seen. I am close to asking Redweek for a refund and going to a different site to post. Not happy at all.

Chris G.
Feb 06, 2023

Agree, member since 2018. Default should be by date like it has been for years. Even a banner stating "Featured rentals will list first" I also find it odd that Redweek has not responded in this thread.

Robert H.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.