Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Quit claim deed for my timeshare (by KC):

eddiew46 wrote:
I have a timeshare at Moosehead Resort Cottage, We called by the resort & we're not using in 2023 & the manager asked if we wanted to relinquish our we we said yes. We got a quit claim in the last Saturday & I called the resort to find if we sign & notarized if that would release us from our maintenance Fee's she said cause we would no be the owner of said week trying to if that statement is true, so we don't get a bill or dragged into court.

Not many resorts accept “deedbacks” and most that do so charge a fee. If your resort accepts deedbacks and you no longer want that ownership, then by all means sign and return that quit claim deed — pronto! Just make very sure that the new signed deed then gets officially recorded, otherwise it doesn’t really mean much. Request (insist, actually) that the resort provide you with a copy of the officially recorded new deed, reflecting a book and page number (or “instrument” number) assigned by the keeper of official records (usually a County Clerk’s office) once that new deed gets officially recorded. Unless you can verify the official recording of the new deed, you can't prove "acceptance" by the new "grantee" (usually the HOA of the resort in "deedbacks").