Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Kohala Suites HGVC Timeshare Sale (by Tk H.):

I own at Kohala Suites 2BR premier, annual/platinum season (9600 pts per week) and contacted Hilton to query about selling and was given a $14,000-$16,000 value estimate and the awesome news that Hilton would take a 25% commission if listed through them.

Obviously that did not thrill me so I contacted SellMyTimeshareNow to appraise my TS value. They seem to believe I could get near $40K…a little optimistic I know but I figured if it was anywhere near that it would be much better than Hilton’s deal. So I agreed and paid the $1,998 (which was promised to be my max outlay) to have them list my TS.

I have since perused the web and see that the timeshare resale market is not so hot. I now realize I should have just checked sites like this to see the REAL resale value. So am I hopeless to get more than $10K for this timeshare? Also, has anyone had experience cancelling with SellMyTimeshareNow? They say I have 10 days.

Thanks for any input.

snpperhd