Travel Tips & Advice

Travel Tips

Nov 16, 2010

Travel can be much more than just an occasional past-time; it can become a better way of life. Some people articulate traveling it as fun, adventure, excitement which enlightens the mind and soul. Also most of them have a long listing of several exotic cities where they wish to visit and keenly looking forward to convert their plans into action. A tour becomes adventurous and fun filled specially when entire family unites together and decides and knows their hitting destination.

Martin E.

Last edited by marty8084 on Nov 16, 2010 04:08 PM

Nov 23, 2010

Nice post. Fine information, many thanks to the author. Thanks.

Ketvin M.
Dec 30, 2010

i am planning for trip...please can anyone provide me best tips for trip

Lisa R.
Aug 30, 2011

I am Garson from Anaheim, California. I need to inquire about the best limousine rental company in Toronto, Ontario.I have a business meeting in a hotel in Toronto and I need to travel along with three colleagues in a limousine from the airport. Does anyone suggest a good limousine rental company in Toronto?

Garson F.

Last edited by marty8084 on Aug 31, 2011 12:38 AM

Feb 01, 2012

Safe Travel tips:-Take care when choosing your hotel and transportation providers.

If you haven’t left your valuables at home, leave them in your hotel’s safe.

Don’t draw attention to yourself, avoid wearing flashy jewelry and don’t display large amounts of cash. Carry only enough cash to make it through the day and leave the rest in the hotel’s safe.

Avoid traveling alone.

Be careful about sharing your traveling plans with strangers.

Stick to the main roads and avoid taking shortcuts down narrow alleys and/or poorly lit streets.

Always be aware of what is going on around you.

Jons S.

Last edited by marty8084 on Feb 02, 2012 01:59 AM

May 24, 2012

When you are going for travel. then first thing you should care about the trasportation vehichle. For transportation you can hire cars that make your travelling much easy and in comfort.

Dep J.
Jul 25, 2012

nice tips i am also planning this could be helpful to me.

Breet H.
Aug 03, 2012

I recommend bringing a copy of your visa/passport and put it in a secure and different spot from your passport (just in case you lose it). I remember someone once telling me to bring a few ziplock bags on your trips, and every vacation I will need them for something whether it be to keep by phone or camera dry, throw something away, put a newly bought item in or souvenir , dirty laundry, whatever! I also recommend bringing a camera, my last vacation last month I didn't want my camera to get ruined so I just didn't bring it and boy did I see the most beautiful scenery ever and I couldn't capture the moment. I would bring one or two items of opposite season clothing. I can't tell you how many times I'm going somewhere for their nice warm (or cool weather) and there was that one or two days were I had to freeze (or be stuck in the heat) and I didn't bring the right clothing. It doesn't need to take a lot of space, but prepare for the inevitable. Lastly, make sure your valuables are in safe places whether that be a safe (like when you are staying in a hotel) or on your person (like when you are flying on a plane). My friend last week lost his luggage on his flight and his keys were in the luggage so he had to get a locksmith to open his car and house which was way inconvenient and cost money and time.

Elise P.
Sep 06, 2012

Where are some tips for better traveling? Before to go on trip know complete about specific place, Distance, time consumed to reached required distance, Packing clothes according to weather, keep all the essential documents, Hire guider who help to enjoy more, Arrive during the days.

John A.

Last edited by marty8084 on Oct 08, 2012 10:15 PM

Oct 08, 2012

actually traveling is the most important thing to know culture and the places which we want to see .

Breet H.

Last edited by marty8084 on Oct 08, 2012 10:15 PM

Oct 20, 2012

Aloha From Maui Here is the Best Tip of the Year. When traveling for Vacation to Maui. We had the pleasure of using the Maui Grocery Service in February 2012 and were really pleased with the job of grocery shopping and navigating an unfamiliar store that your service provided. It was nice that you are a family run business and that the quality you provided was so high. www.MauiGroceryService.com I have also recommended your service to many of my friends who go to Maui. Writing you from Vancouver Canada! All the Best, JoAnne

Blen J.
Dec 27, 2012

Thanks for sharing this useful information of tarvel ,its very benificial for all tourist.thanks a lot for sharing nice post.

Thanks,

Isaa C.

Last edited by phyl21 on Dec 28, 2012 10:20 AM

Feb 28, 2013

Don't let them make you buy a timeshare. Timeshares are well known as scams! Is easy to get a timeshare, the problem is the trap behind the offer. Before you get a timeshare, inquire about them.

Linda R.

Last edited by phyl21 on Feb 28, 2013 02:32 PM

Mar 22, 2013

I really love to travel, and I can give you a lot of advises, but I'm going to talk about my experiece. Last summer I went to Mazatlan from vacations with friends, and we stayed at El CiD Resort, they told me this was one of the most beautifuls resorts in Mazatlan son I attend. When we went to register, they offer a free breakfast if we listen a bussiness talk about the hotel and the services. Which was our surprise? The talk was about timeshares, we last 1 hour listening to a guy who dind't stop talking about timeshares promotions, timeshare exchanges and things like that. We were so angry because later they didn't let us alone, they were asking us our credit cards numbers. I think they want to scam us but fortunately we said a rotund "NO" .

Natasha P.

Last edited by phyl21 on Mar 22, 2013 04:53 PM

Mar 23, 2013

natashap36 wrote:
I really love to travel, and I can give you a lot of advises, but I'm going to talk about my experiece. Last summer I went to Mazatlan from vacations with friends, and we stayed at El CiD Resort, they told me this was one of the most beautifuls resorts in Mazatlan son I attend. When we went to register, they offer a free breakfast if we listen a bussiness talk about the hotel and the services. Which was our surprise? The talk was about timeshares, we last 1 hour listening to a guy who dind't stop talking about timeshares promotions, timeshare exchanges and things like that. We were so angry because later they didn't let us alone, they were asking us our credit cards numbers. I think they want to scam us but fortunately we said a rotund "NO" .

Kudos to you for using your 'gut instinct' ..... next time don't answer your phone and NEVER EVER give out your credit card number to them.

R P.
Jun 17, 2013

yes travel tips is good for travelling any where because travelling time occurs many types of problem and that time yor tips is work there.

Tranzy S.
Apr 30, 2016

yes travelling is important and i like travelling to different beaches for vacations along the gulf shore is one the best place to visit you can see breathtaking beach views white sand and blue green water makes spectacular location to spend vacations

Carlos W.
Aug 15, 2017

In my experience, traveling to Cancun is a perfect way to spend your vacations. My family and me arrived for 2rd year in a row to this destination, staying in Club Regina Cancun and everything was fine, very recommendable because we had a good experience. The vacation club is amazing, our kids had an amazing holidays enjoying all of the things to do at the hotel. We definitely will come back next year now that we have our membership at Raintree Vacation Club. Maybe Vacation Clubs are not for everyone (because of other bad opinions), but it was good to see that the people there always care for us, and that was important for my family and me.

James H.
Jun 04, 2019

Travelling is one of the best ways to beat stress and rejuvenate yourself. So before you pack your bags and prepare yourself for a short or long tours you need to follow this below-mentioned checklist:

Make a list of the stuff you need to pack (such as clothes, water, food etc) Check all the details of your travelling insurance Do internet research about the place you are going to visit Hire a car or taxi from a reliable service company

Bluff C.
Oct 28, 2019

hello everyone,

My advice, having flown over a million miles on business to over 40 countries:

Purchase some anti-bacterial, moisture-wicking undergarments and take them on any trips that may involve high temps, a lot of walking, excessive physical activity, or prolonged wear/re-use of said undergarments.

Carry the travel-size packets of laundry detergent (Tide makes good ones) so you can wash clothes in your bathroom sink. This works surprisingly well, particularly for undergarments and socks. And hotel laundry fees are insane. Avoid at all costs, unless your employer is footing the bill and won't reject the expense

AVOID CHECKING BAGS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE! I have flown A LOT, many times for several weeks at a time, and I've very rarely had to check a bag. I can fit two weeks worth of clothes into one 26" carry-on roller. Just pack smart. If you check bags you run the ridiculously high risk of them getting lost (I've experienced about a 10-15% loss rate, later to be recovered, while checking). You have to wait much longer at the airport while your bags make their way to the conveyor belt, and you run the risk of pissing off all of the other colleagues in your party who were smart and carried on, and now have to wait for your stupid ass to get his bags.

Don't buy trendy four-wheel, polycarbonate luggage. This is a huge trend right now and these are the worst bags for travel. They're terribly on non-smooth, flat surface, the dent and scratch VERY easily (just look at the floor models in your local luggage shop), they're slow, and they have easy-to-break wheels. A durable two-wheeled roller is superior. Get one with nice, big rollerblade wheels. And spend money for a good one. It will last longer. I have a Tumi that has lasted me six years of heavy travel and is still

thanks and regards

Naman J.

Last edited by phyl21 on Nov 01, 2019 03:40 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.