Timeshare Companies

STAY AWAY FROM KINSTON MANOR OR FOXWOOD VILLAS IN WESTMINSTER SC

Oct 10, 2012

Foxwood Hills Villas/Kingston Manor in Westminster, S.C. is your worst nightmare for a vacation or even an overnight stay. My parents have owned their timeshare there for 28 years and in the past I have stayed there about 3 times over the 28 years but this year was my last. We arrived on October 5, 2012 at 1:30 a.m. and when we opened the door to the unit, this God awful musty, dirty, moldy smell smacked me right in the face. Within 15 minutes, I had a migraine and felt very nausea. This place makes Motel 6 look like the Hilton. The unit was so nasty that we did not even sleep in bed, and did not use the shower, and against our better judgement had to use the toilet because where else would we go at that time of night. We documented our 6 hour stay with tons of photos, written documentation of everything we saw and found that would make even the strongest stomach want to vomit. There is so many safety hazards and inspection violations. The foundations are cracking and coming apart; the retaining walls are coming apart all over the resort; the pavement is a joke because it is cracked and coming apart all over the resort; there is no upkeep to the grounds whatsoever; there are 114 units on the property and not one single unit would I consider safe or up to date; the units are very out dated; old carpet; old cabinets falling apart; appliances that are most all original which is over 25 years old; blankets that have stains on them; smell like urine or feces (see photo); bed mites; mold throughout the unit; stains throughout the unit on the walls and furniture; toilet seats that have had so much urine splashed on them, that it looks like the toilet seats and covers have the mumps or mescals; shower heads that have at least ½ inch of grown mold covering them; ceiling fans and air vents falling off the ceilings; the outside of the units are in need of urgent repairs; have several large holes; falling down boards; board rot; exposed sewerage lines; over grown bushes; concrete breakage throughout the property on the sidewalks and pavement areas; unsafe parking conditions; for our unit had at least 5 feet deep and 2 feet high of empty space under the pavement that if a heavy truck was to park in the space it would give away and the vehicle would roll into the ravine behind it. Then a rotten 4x4 board holding up the side of a 2 story deck that is also leaning and could give away at anytime. Pillows that are mold on them and holes in the pillow . Doors that go into the unit the paint is peeling so bad off the door itself . The flooring in the unit was very shaking when you walked on it as if you were going to fall through the floor at any moment. Mold inside the refrigerator and dish washer; at least 2 inches of dust on the mini blinds and ceiling fan; There are just too many things to list but we took over 200 photos of our unit and the adjoining units to show the condition of this resort and would be happy to share them with anyone wanting to see them. We were suppose to be staying through the weekend but checked out 6 hours only after we checked in and could not wait to get back home to take a shower and change our clothes. In our opinion an animal shelter or prison or jail is in better condition than this resort. The resort made their current timeshare owners pay an $83.00 assessment in addition to the $419.00 annual dues this year (2012) for what was suppose to be to make repairs to the property; We seen no repairs that have been made or even look like there being made; All we saw was a nasty and out dated resort that looks like a ghost town and should be torn down. If anything this resort should pay others to stay there. I would never recommend this resort to my worst enemy. If you should decide to forgo these warnings I am giving you then don’t say you were not warned when you go and find out for yourself. It is my intention to notify the building inspectors in this county where the resort is located and notify someone on a higher level in the state capital or government; No one should have to be put through what we went through for these 6 hours; My dogs live and sleep better than this place; No wonder so many timeshare owners are just giving back their weeks and this resort is going bankrupt. NEVER STAY AT THIS RESORT UNLESS YOU LIKE NASTY, FILTHY, MOLDY, LIVING CONDITIONS and UNSAFE LIVING CONDITIONS AT THAT AND THIS IS BEING KIND WHEN I SAY THIS!!

Sharon K.
Oct 11, 2012

This is a shame .... we formerly owned at Kinston Manor and the unit we owned was beautiful and clean, however that was some years ago. I wouldn't hesitate to voice my concerns to the HOA at that resort.

R P.
Oct 11, 2012

Also, if Kinston Manor is still affiliated with the exchange company RCI, then I would also voice my complaint to them.

R P.
Apr 26, 2013

I would like some help I'm trying to get people together to do a class action suit against kinston Manor. Call me 404-713-1376. Ron

Ron C.
Apr 26, 2013

call me 404-713-1376 Ron

Ron C.
Jun 21, 2018

I am interested in dumping my KM timeshare too . do you have any info on any pending lawsuit or bankruptcy that would end this nightmare? the manager told me they have closed the villas, which I guess means they can no longer collect assessments on those, which he said has added to their financial problems. I think we need to get the timeshare owners to vote to close it. only 35 people attended the annual meeting last March and 350 people voted by proxy. unfortunately the majority of those approved the budget! Tom holder, 704.796.2775

Tom Holder
Oct 24, 2018

Yes, something must be done. I have not gone in years as I did the vacation swap with RCI. But fees have gotten so high, I decided to start going to the "resort" instead of paying the extra RCI fees. It was a nightmare. Pictures others have posted on travel evaluation sites are spot on and comparable to the ones I took. I do not know how the County and State allow this substandard facility to stay in operation. I wonder where the fees I have sent in for so many years have been used. I actually went into three different units as the one I am assigned to was so musty smelling and outdated, I could not remain there. All three of the ones I reviewed were equally disgusting. There does not appear to be any updating inside or out. Structures are cracked, retaining walls are leaning, parking spaces are on the verge of collapse,spider webs and mold everywhere, trees growing out of gutters, and I could go on and on. I did not even stay overnight. I want out of this poor excuse for a resort facility.

Mary E.
Oct 30, 2018

Mary A. wrote:
Yes, something must be done. I have not gone in years as I did the vacation swap with RCI. But fees have gotten so high, I decided to start going to the "resort" instead of paying the extra RCI fees. It was a nightmare. Pictures others have posted on travel evaluation sites are spot on and comparable to the ones I took. I do not know how the County and State allow this substandard facility to stay in operation. I wonder where the fees I have sent in for so many years have been used. I actually went into three different units as the one I am assigned to was so musty smelling and outdated, I could not remain there. All three of the ones I reviewed were equally disgusting. There does not appear to be any updating inside or out. Structures are cracked, retaining walls are leaning, parking spaces are on the verge of collapse,spider webs and mold everywhere, trees growing out of gutters, and I could go on and on. I did not even stay overnight. I want out of this poor excuse for a resort facility.

This sounds like a place where financial reserves are either grossly inadequate or are simply being (ahem) "mishandled". If the property is as bad as you describe, its' downward spiral may very well be terminal at this point. It's your decision to make, but you could always just stop paying your fees, let them foreclose and just put the whole nasty mess in your rear view mirror --- permanently. This doesn't sound like a situation that's going to somehow experience a miraculous turnaround.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Oct 30, 2018 06:46 AM

Oct 30, 2018

Thanks for the suggestion. I don't intend to pay any more fees, but iI am a little worried they will ding my credit rating. I plan to attend the next HOA meeting and demand some answers and/or alternatives.

Mary E.
Dec 17, 2018

Have you made any progress on getting rid of this nightmare? I am in the same boat and am trying to figure out what to do next. This has become a total scam as I do not see that any of the funds they collect annually have been used for upkeep on the units, and in think this place should be condemned. I definitely plan to attend the next annual meeting and will continue to explore alternatives. Please keep in touch if you make any progress, and I will do the same. Thanks. Maryann

thomash591 wrote:
I am interested in dumping my KM timeshare too . do you have any info on any pending lawsuit or bankruptcy that would end this nightmare? the manager told me they have closed the villas, which I guess means they can no longer collect assessments on those, which he said has added to their financial problems. I think we need to get the timeshare owners to vote to close it. only 35 people attended the annual meeting last March and 350 people voted by proxy. unfortunately the majority of those approved the budget! Tom holder, 704.796.2775

Mary E.
Jan 31, 2019

Were you able to get rid of the unit and if so how? I and many others are in the same boat. Please email me at holdertom2@aol.com so we can discuss. Thanks!

Tom Holder
Jan 31, 2019

Ron - I and many others are in the same boat! Were you able to get rid of it and if so how? Please email me at holdertom2@aol.com so we can discuss! Thanks!

Tom Holder
Jan 31, 2019

Mary - I and many others are in the same boat! Were you able to get of your unit and if so how? Please contact me at holdertom2@aol.com so we can discuss! Thanks!

Tom Holder
Jan 31, 2019

I am doing some more research, but I have to find the original contract to determine if they state they will maintain and improve the property. I am looking through the SC Law that governs timeshares to see if there are any loopholes if the property is not being maintained. I also plan to contact the SC Realtors Board and maybe the Consumer Affairs Department. I checked with the City/County where the timeshare is located, and they do not have any regulatory power over the property.Anyway, I will be looking into this some more and will post any suggestions I come up with. And, if it is not resolved, I will definitely attend the homeowners association meeting.

Mary E.
Jan 31, 2019

I will be going too! The more that show up, ask hard questions and VOTE DOWN the budget, the better!

Tom Holder
Jan 31, 2019

All time share owners at Kinston Manor Resort in Westminster SC please attend the annual meeting on the first Saturday in March, protest conditions at the resort and VOTE DOWN their budget!!!!

Tom Holder
Feb 07, 2019

I agree, Tom. And, now RCI has suspended the Exchange program with Kinston Manor, so those owners who used for the Exchange are out of luck. Please plan to attend and find out where all those annual have fees have gone because the units and the grounds are getting very little invested in upkeep and improvements.

Mary E.
Feb 12, 2019

Sharon - What is you email address?

Tom Holder
Feb 12, 2019

Sharon - email me at holdertom2@aol.com so we can discuss! Annual meeting is March 2, 2019. Urge everyone that con to attend!

Tom Holder
Feb 12, 2019

Ron - email me at holdertom2@aol.com so we can discuss! Annual meeting is March 2, 2019. Urge everyone that can to attend!

Tom Holder

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.