Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

How to cancel or update your unit for sale or rent?

Oct 10, 2014

I searched the forum but couldn't find the answer. I am cancelling my subscription and my for sale unit. Why isn't there a click through that allows you to make changes to an ad? The pictures they put on my add are wrong and i am trying to remove it from "for sale'. The only option is the contact customer support and then send them an email. If they don't get it or respond then my add will continue to be listed. i have read many forum letters about owners lack of response. I think it falls back on Redweek.

Harold B.
Oct 10, 2014

On the left side of this page scroll down to 'your account' .... there you should be able to edit or delete your ad. As far as lack of response ... Redweek has absolutely no control over that as owners control their own ads.

R P.
Oct 10, 2014

Harold,

I see you have both a full-service resale posting and a rental posting. You can make changes to your rental by selecting the link on the right side of your rental posting that says "Edit this posting."

If you want to make changes to your full-service resale posting, please contact RedWeek support Contact Us or your full-service representative. Since RedWeek creates and maintains your full-service listing, only your RedWeek representative can make changes to a full-service posting.

Regards, Phyllis

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Last edited by phyl21 on Oct 10, 2014 03:55 PM

Oct 24, 2014

Hello, well I want to post my experience cancelling my Timeshare with Royal Holiday.

When I first started with them, they promised more points, surprises, trips, exchanges to other resorts in different places, but all that was b.s. I receive dozens of calls on a weekly bases of fraudulent companies promising unbelievable amounts for my timeshare that I now blow off. Unfortunately , I was a victim and persuaded by some smooth talking scam artist.

Like 6 months ago I got contacted by Mr. Carrera, a lawyer in a mexican law firm, he told me he can cancel my timeshare and also get my money back. Anyways he sent me all his info via e-mail, I checked it and I wasn't sure in what to do. A mexican Law firm named Miller and Markez scammed me with a couple thousands in the past and I was very skeptical about the whole situation.

My wife was sick in the time, I needed my money back, and this Carrera guy only charged 599 USD which I paid.

I checked Carrera and Lawson's website and I noticed a couple of changes which got me a bit worried and shaken up. I was thinking it was "to good to be true" at that moment. That being said, they clarified all of my doubts and felt a bit more secure with the decision I was about to make in moving forward. My gut feeling was saying to trust and let faith decided. My god I was sweating bullets, anxious to find out if I was in for a surprise. They mentioned that my case was approved and that I should be expecting a compensation. The next couple of days I was reviewing my account constantly and NOTHING!!!! I couldn't believe it!!!!!!! I was thinking how foolish I could be of falling once!!!!! I called desperately and Mr. Carrera was nowhere to be found!!! His secretary told me that everything had turned out to be just fine and that in 24hrs funds should be reflected. I was so sure I had been fooled. Checked my account one last time.... and there it was......!!!!!!!! I was in for the surprise of my life!!!! Halleluiah!!!!!!!!!!! Praise the lord!!! I highly recommend the service. They are very patient and you'll be receiving nothing but complete professionalism. Best of luck anyone out there that reads this. God bless....

J.G.

John G.

Last edited by johng1378 on Oct 24, 2014 08:42 AM

Oct 24, 2014

Shill alert !!!!!! NEVER pay anyone money upfront to get you out of your timeshare. They claim stories like this to get you to send them money and they claim there is a problem and ask you to send more money. It doesn't stop until you stop sending money. Shills like this one have been making these claims just to get your upfront money. It's a SCAM !!!

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Oct 24, 2014 11:55 AM

Oct 25, 2014

ditto = scam/shill alert

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Oct 25, 2014 09:48 AM

Nov 14, 2014

donp196 wrote:
Shill alert !!!!!! NEVER pay anyone money upfront to get you out of your timeshare. They claim stories like this to get you to send them money and they claim there is a problem and ask you to send more money. It doesn't stop until you stop sending money. Shills like this one have been making these claims just to get your upfront money. It's a SCAM !!!

I Google donp196 and guess what i found, that everything and everybody is a scam except for those he recommend those are real,you really need a life get out of your moms basement more often, also its funny that the avatar is a cat just like JayJay and they post in the same forums, they get rid of their timeshares in the same way I’m wondering if they are in the same basement or are the same person, who knows maybe they create the entire timeshare industry and the law that’s why they know everything specialty the scams, somebody said it takes one to recognize another one. Can you prove that carrera Lawson can’t help to cancel timeshare

Gerardo M.

Last edited by gerardom18 on Nov 14, 2014 07:35 AM

Nov 14, 2014

In answer to the above post .... I do not know donp personally, I only know him as a regular forum poster on Redweek. Also you are wrong that we rid ourselves of our timeshares in the same way .... 2 different resorts where don owned offered to take his deed back (he is very lucky as this seldom occurs). I, on the other hand, sold all of my timeshares (all but one was bought resale costing me pennies on the dollar of developer cost .... I lost money on the developer bought one when I sold it), however this was before the economic market crash).

So, in closing, don and I aren't down in a basement performing scams like you are.

R P.
Nov 14, 2014

jayjay wrote:
In answer to the above post .... I do not know donp personally, I only know him as a regular forum poster on Redweek. Also you are wrong that we rid ourselves of our timeshares in the same way .... 2 different resorts where don owned offered to take his deed back (he is very lucky as this seldom occurs). I, on the other hand, sold all of my timeshares (all but one was bought resale costing me pennies on the dollar of developer cost .... I lost money on the developer bought one when I sold it), however this was before the economic market crash).

So, in closing, don and I aren't down in a basement performing scams like you are.

--------- Prove that I’m lying or scamming so far I have not ask anybody to pay a penny to carrera Lawson I posted the experience and I was attacked called scammer and a fraud I posted the way everybody can check that is truth but you guys are so close minded that rather live in fear and crying than actually do something I haven’t even post in other forums or lured people I have been giving you and donp196 the tools and proof of what I said, but the all mighty won’t accept he can be wrong, yes PROFECO approved the cancelation but carrera Lawson did the paperwork my parents just signed the carta poder mailed to regular mail not an email, and waited for almost 4 months then after we got the letter called the resort office they pay, like I said no because the all mighty Don196 cant cancel a timeshare in Mexico doesn’t mean nobody else can

Gerardo M.
Nov 25, 2014

I would like to change some of my ads to a different unit..grand luxxe ads to grand mayan ads...but when following the link it always takes me to the new posting...Why cant I do this???

Dennis G.
Nov 25, 2014

I have tried to follow the link to change resorts, trying to change the posting from grand luxxe to grand mayan. When if click the link, it directs me to the new postings. What gives and why is that link there

Dennis G.
Nov 25, 2014

They won't let you change the resort because Redweek would consider that a separate ad (that requires a separate ad fee). If you rent or sell your week before the time expires that's great but it doesn't entitle you to an ad for another resort. What you can do is keep the same resort and if you have enough room in the additional info field you can explain the additional weeks you have available. Even though the different units are on the same campus, they are considered different resorts and not just different types of units at the same resort.

Tracey S.

Last edited by tracey75 on Nov 25, 2014 10:23 AM

Nov 25, 2014

Dennis,

You can change all the information on your posting except for the location. A new location would require a new posting. If you have rented your week, or the check-in date has passed, you can edit your posting and advertise another week at the same resort until the posting expires.

If you need any further assistance, please contact Customer Service Contact Us.

Thanks, Phyllis

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Nov 27, 2014

I was such a dunce for not being able to navigate Redweek.com's website. I retract my concerns over not being able to change or cancel. Please see the attached information.

Harold,

I see you have both a full-service resale posting and a rental posting. You can make changes to your rental by selecting the link on the right side of your rental posting that says "Edit this posting."

If you want to make changes to your full-service resale posting, please contact RedWeek support Contact Us or your full-service representative. Since RedWeek creates and maintains your full-service listing, only your RedWeek representative can make changes to a full-service posting.

Regards, Phyllis

Harold B.
Nov 28, 2014

No worries, Harold. That's what our Support staff is here for. Any time you need assistance, please contact us and we are happy to help out: Contact Us There is also a link at the bottom of every page on our website you can click on that says "Contact RedWeek.com."

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Jan 26, 2021

Thanks dear for this reply.

Jacey T.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.