Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Anyone have experience with Castle Law Group, PC out of Tennessee

Feb 18, 2016

Expect the usual runaround if they already have your upfront money.

Don P.
Feb 18, 2016

Hello maryw755,

Feel free to give me a call at the Firm. Ask for me direct. I will be glad to look into your file to provide some insight on the current status of your file. Thanks.

Jeff Johnson Castle Law Group, PC

Jeff J.
Feb 18, 2016

Run don't walk away from Castle Law Group! Our experience with these people has been nothing but one big lie. This firm told us they could get us out of our timeshare and have the credit cards we used to purchase it and make payments with written off as fraud. Not only were they unsuccessful having the timeshare contract rescinded our credit rating which they guaranteed 100% to protect they did not. It has been over two years, the credit companies have been adding interest this whole time, the time share wasn't rescinded. Laura Blevins, Don O'Keefe, Kevin Eighmey and multiple other persons told us one story after another. Our contract required they hire a lawyer to represent us. The hired a lawyer and never paid his bill so he refused to show up at the hearings, and he is now after us for his unpaid bill. Kevin Eighmey why would we pay for a lawyer? The don't answer the phone, are never in when you call. Didn't do ONE thing they promised. They even took their fees on the very credit cards they said they could have whipped out for fraud. I could type for hours about what they said they would do and the fact they didn't do anything. They charged us THOUSANDS of dollars. We were foolish if you want to be nice, idiots if you want to be accurate. I will make it a mission to go to every site I can and warn others about this company.

How do you remove yourself F.
Feb 18, 2016

Hello luannea11,

With all due respect, your accusation against Castle Law Group, PC is not only false; but, totally misdirected. After closely examining the context of your post, it is clear that you were a client of Timeshare Advocacy International; an advocate group which when it went out of business, Castle Law Group, PC acquired its assets (i.e. 2 buildings, equipment, phone lines, web landing pages, etc.). Advocates are not licensed to practice law, cannot legally protect a consumer, and, obviously had misled you to believe something which is not legally possible.

It is not the practice of our attorneys at CLG to accuse or prove credit card companies of any fraudulent involvement connected to a timeshare purchase. When using a credit card or personal loan from a lending institution for this type of transaction, the credit card company or bank would be considered a third party creditor whom has not violated any laws against the consumer. Therefore, no reimbursement or reversal of charges could be legally pursued. Debt is dissolved only when it has been financed directly through the timeshare Developer upon dissolution of the contract. It is also evident that you are confusing this law Firm with an out of business advocate group by mentioning persons of prior dealings stating they would have to hire a lawyer to resolve your case. Castle Law Group, PC is a law Firm. If you had retained legal services from CLG, an attorney would be assigned to your case. If you have any additional concerns or questions needing more clarity regarding this matter, feel free to contact the Firm asking for me direct. Thank you.

Jeff J.
Feb 19, 2016

Let the excuses flow......to be continued..............

Don P.
Feb 19, 2016

Even before TAI owned by Sean Austin was sold to Castle Law Group Castle Law Group was the legal advisor for TAI. When TAI was purchased by Castle Law Group and Castle Law Group continued to look after TAI 's clients. I have the correspondence from Castle Law Group assuring me we would be looked after. NOT ONE CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATION WAS MET by TAI or CASTLE LAW GROUP DESPITE WRITTEN assurances from your office and COO as well as several others. No amount of Legal Dancing Around changes the fact upon acquisition of TAI you took over their clients. You had a fiduciary duty to those clients. I am not the only one who you failed to meet the terms of the contract, stopped communicating with, refused to return fees paid. Your firm "Castle Law Group" hired the legal firm of Merchant Law Group to represent me out of the goodness of your heart? No, it was because you were contractually obligated to do so. And then after email assurances from Laura Blevins and Kevin Eighmey that the bill for Merchant Law Group was paid you didn't pay them either. Your firm has conducted itself in a very poor manner. In my opinion what you have done to me is criminal. I will continue to exhaust every avenue until you refund my thousands of dollars in fees and the the interest that has been charged to us as a result of the terrible advice and service given to us by TAI and your firm Castle Law Group. The same people who worked for TAI also are employed by Castle Law Group. Because of your firms FAILURE to do what was contracted we have been accruing interest for over 2 years! I am in the process of contacting all the Timeshare properties and every financing office I can locate that works in the timeshare industy. I have filed reports with the BBB and Consumer Affairs, as well as with the RCMP in Canada for FRAUD, further I have also taken steps to file reports with the law society in Tenn. I am determined and confident one of them will have the means and willingness to use their legal resources to help us and make an example of your shady business practices. I will tell my story on every site, blog and message board I can find. I have supporting documents, emails, telephone records as well as contracts and advise from the lawyers you hired to represent me and never paid. I am also in the process of contacting the news show The Fifth Estate and the Program Marketplace with all the details and documentation of our story. I will not be quiet while you hang us out to dry.

Last edited by luannea11 on Feb 19, 2016 07:53 AM

Feb 20, 2016

Hello luannea11,

If there's any truth to anything you have posted within your extensive claim against Castle Law Group, PC, I have extended to you the opportunity to speak to me direct regarding your situation. This invitation has been offered on this blog to anyone with such claims against the Firm. And, I have yet to receive any calls. This is a valid attempt to provide solutions, not excuses. Again, if you have any documentation suggesting CLG has made commitments to you which have not been fulfilled, contact me so these matters can be properly addressed. Thank you.

Jeff J.
Feb 20, 2016

Which part would you like to discuss? Are willing to refund our fees and interest please email me. I would be happy to discuss that. If you can provide us with the Quit Deed for our Timeshare you were supposed to have cancelled, credit card cancellation as agreed upon in our contract, credit protection as agreed upon in our contract... Like many other Timeshare Advocacy International Clients when Castle Law Group took over they took us on as clients and worked on our file. Never did anyone contact us and say "we can't do this or let us give you your funds back". I find it particularly insulting that you would extend an opportunity for me to contact you when you already have my email, my file and my money AS WELL YOU HAVE DOCUMENTATION IN YOUR OFFICE OF EVERYTHING I HAVE SAID. You have our complete file, our contact emails etc. There is no point in me calling your office to get a receptionist who says you will call me back. Below is just one piece of proof of our EXTENSIVE CLAIM. You have copies of everything and our entire file. You can speak with Don O'Keefe, Sean Austin, Laura Blevins, Kevin Eighmey. You have our signed contracts in your office. Look them up. When you have familiarized yourself with our EXTENSIVE HISTORY and the amount of money your company made from us please feel free to email me. Until then I will continue to reach out the credit card firms, time share companies, finance companies, FB pages, Timeshare resales etc.

Luanne and Perry,

I received a letter from Merchant Law Group, LLP discussing your case. I am going to attach the letter in this email. Please call Merchant Law Group at 306-359-XXXX to discuss the next step that they recommend. Your file number with them is 30410247. I am going to send them a check for the invoice of $2630.57. Talk to them to hear what they have to say. If you need or want to call me feel free to do so.

Respectfully,

Kevin Eighmey COO Castle Law Group, PC kevin@castlefirm.com <mailto:kevin@castlefirm.com> 615-599-6000 Ext. 425

Feb 21, 2016

donp196 wrote:
Let the excuses flow......to be continued..............
I don't think these law groups are scams the way the advocacy groups that take money and then disappear are. They are licensed attorneys and they wouldn't write contracts guaranteeing a way out and/or a refund. I don't know if the acquisition of assets from the advocacy group meant that the law firm inherited all of the unfulfilled contracts and promises from the previous group. Since they are lawyers, I doubt they would agree to such. The promises made by the previous company are are not within the realm of what these law firms do. They write letters, they try to negotiate with the developers. On rare occasions with the properly documented cases they may go to court. Some times they succeed, sometimes they fail. You pay regardless. If anyone goes in expecting something else, they are mistaken.

Tracey S.
Feb 22, 2016

Jeff,

I've had a file with TAI since December of 2013. They had decent communication until Castle Law Group took over their assets. I've called at least 7 or 8 times, leaving voicemails and I still have not had a return call. I would like to see where we are with my file, as well as some other things. Please email at jason.mange@gmail.com so that we can discuss my file.

Jason L.
Feb 23, 2016

We received another bill yesterday for the lawyer Castle Law Group hired and promised to pay for ... with interest for an unpaid bill it's now sitting at $3625.17. This is the same bill Castle Law Group (Kevin Eighmey) said they would pay months and months ago. Unbelievable. We never hired the lawyer, Castle Law Group did... Investigate that Mr. Jeff Johnson and fix that! Wow.

Feb 23, 2016

Hello Jason,

I just attempted to reach you via the provided e-mail address, jason.mange@gmail.com. However, it resulted as a failed message. Please provide another e-mail address or you may contact me at jjohnson@castlefirm.com. Thanks.

Jeff J.
Feb 24, 2016

My timeshare was bought in SC. Castle took my case and then after I hadn't heard from them in quite some time they informed me that they didn't actually have jurisdiction in SC and would have to have an attorney in SC review it. That attorney decided not to take the case. This all after they took $ and made a lot of promises. OH and try to get someone on the phone!!! GOOD LUCK with that. ON the Better Business Bureau they have an F rating with red letter warning. I wish I had dug deeper before I believed them. RUN FAST!!! Do not hire them/

Amy B.
Feb 25, 2016

I can't wait to hear Jeff's answer to Amy's post. Be prepared for a long winded reply with no substance . NEVER pay anyone money upfront that promises they can get you out of your contract especially a bottom feeding attorney .

Remember the reason that a shark won't attack an attorney..........professional courtesy .

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Feb 25, 2016 09:01 AM

Feb 26, 2016

Jeff Johnson have you looked at our file yet? Still waiting to hear from you via email regarding our timeshare cancellation, the credit company, the refunding of fees charged for the credit cards etc. As I stated above you have all the information in our file in your office. Are you working on this?

Feb 26, 2016

Hello amyb592,

If you have a copy of an agreement indicating that you had retained legal services from Castle Law Group, PC for the purpose of cancelling a timeshare contract, please forward it to me at jjohnson@castlefirm.com. Within every Attorney Engagement Agreement from CLG concerning timeshare cancellation services, there is a clause that entitles the client to a full refund of all fees paid for legal services in the event there is no resolution of "Client's Claims" (meaning their timeshare contract had not been cancelled) after 12 months from executing the Attorney Engagement Agreement. In response to your comment concerning the BBB:

Castle Law Group, PC has filed a lawsuit against the BBB of Nashville, TN for falsely associating the law Firm with a timeshare Advocacy group that went out of business named Timeshare Advocacy International. When TAI went under, Castle Law Group, PC bought the former company's assets acquiring its 2 buildings located in Mt. Juliet, TN, equipment, web landing pages (due to their strong online marketing presence), phone lines, etc. However, CLG has nor had any direct affiliation with this former company nor their business process exercised in its attempt to cancel timeshares. And, if you read through the complaints, you'll see where people were referring to TAI initially taking on their cases prior to learning that CLG had emerged within the same space after TAI was no longer in existence.

Also, Castle Law Group, PC (like many other law Firms) is not a member nor advocate of money driven organizations like the BBB. We've found that their ratings are not based upon consumer satisfaction; but, on how much they are paid. Please see the following news report within the link below by ABC News 20/20 disclosing the BBB as a scam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRWd95oLkVc

I look forward to hearing from you.

Jeff J.
Feb 27, 2016

Blah Blah Blah............there is the long winded no substance response that I expected. Of course they lay the blame on " the other company " . They claim they acquired their assets but not their liabilities. How convenient. Anyone who would get involved with them after reading this thread deserves to lose their hard earned money. Just be thankful for social media like this forum before you get involved with bottom feeders.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Feb 27, 2016 08:22 AM

Feb 28, 2016

This is ridiculous. Why did Castle Law Group continue to work on our file, assign us case workers and tell us they were working on our file if Castle Law Group didn't have a legal duty to TAI clients. Jeff Johnson I am still waiting for you to contact me regarding our outstanding file, our timeshare deed, our credit reports that was supposed to be protected and the credit cards that were supposed to be dealt with. Are you reviewing the files in your office??? You have our email ... please review the files and contact us. Also the lawyer CASTLE LAW HIRED to represent us still hasn't been paid.... Is this something your firm of CASTLE LAW GROUP DOES? Hire lawyers from other firms like MERCHANT LAW GROUP and then fail to pay them?

Feb 29, 2016

I am a current client. If you still owe money to the timeshare for a purchase then they can do something. If you have paid for all of your timeshare they can not. They can get the contract canceled if you feel the timeshare people have lied to you or misrepresented information.

Mary W.
Feb 29, 2016

Wake up and join the real world Mary. You have been sold a bill of goods just to get your upfront money. You can cancel if you are in the rescission period and you don't need an attorney to do that. You sound like you are either connected to the law firm or a naïve client just hoping that you haven't thrown your hared earned money away on this scam.

Don P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.