Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Telegence Group buying timeshares?

Mar 22, 2021

Anyone heard of a company called the Telegence Group located In Milwaukee Wisconsin? I got a call last week from someone name Christopher Anderson telling me that he represented a buyer and made me an offer for my timeshare in Cancun.

Will S.
Mar 23, 2021

Short answer --- it's a scam. There is likely no "Telegence Group" and there is certainly no "buyer". Think about it for a moment; why would someone call you out a clear blue sky to (supposedly) buy something that is available for mere peanuts (or even for free) any and every day of the week? Mexican RTU timeshares are literally a dime a dozen.

You would be asked at some point to pay them a "transfer fee" or a "taco tax" (or some other such nonsense) in order for the "sale" to "proceed to the next step". Once the scammers receive that money, they (and the non-existent buyer) promptly disappear into thin air, only to return in the future using a different name, to run their game all over again.

It's just another age-old, well worn scam that (like the Energizer Bunny) just "keeps on going". Don't just walk away from this "deal" --- lace up your sneakers and RUN!

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Mar 25, 2021 04:56 AM

Mar 23, 2021

KC has it straight. There MAY BE a Telegence Group doing business, but these guys are not them. To verify, find them in the internet and call them in Milwaukee. They are NOT buying timeshares. Any phone number you were given by the scammers is not the one you will find on the internet. Scammers don't have published phone numbers. As KC said - let it go.

John I.
Mar 23, 2021

wills111 wrote:
I got a call last week from someone name Christopher Anderson telling me that he represented a buyer and made me an offer for my timeshare in Cancun.

I'm guessing that this offer was for way more than what you originally paid for it, like in the tens of thousands of dollars?

As KC said above, why would anyone call you out of the blue offering to pay you thousands of dollars for something when dozens of other ones can be had for free?

Lance C.
Apr 14, 2021

These guys are pretty good. We sent "Vegas" money to them based on all of the documentation, a call from Mexico attorney serving as escrow agent and his credentials. However, after 29 previous transactions that had gone smoothly, the Mexican government placed a hold on our transaction because of USMCA replacing NAFTA. Who knew!! In order to move forward, we would have to send more money. (Oh No!) We told them no more money would be coming to Mexico. They continue to try and explain, etc., but this is a scam. This started in February for a 10 day transaction. It is now mid April. We contacted the FTC the day after we received the first request for additional money. You should also. We are now waiting to see their next move (probably a warning about Mexican prisons).

Ellis S.
Apr 28, 2021

After reading all of the posts i want to offer my experience with Telegence group. i started the transaction a couple of months ago to get rid of a membership that my wife talked me into. When we first started considering selling our membership, the companies that approached us and even a couple web sellers showed us that, it's almost impossible to figure out listing companies that will post your membership for a fee, on a website that has no eyeballs, exit companies that will charge you to give them your membership or a company that just wants to scam you to buy your membership. The only reason why I went with Telegence is that everyone that I spoke to seemed well educated, unlike my experience with other companies that buy timeshares. The process started as described to me in the beginning, but due to changes with regulations in Mexico, the process had to be modified. With all the scary stuff on the internet about mexican timeshare scams, my wife and I decided not to continue with the transaction. When we told RD of our decision, he said that the buyer group was also feeling the same. After my wife spoke to Linda the compliance manager, Linda explained that it is a process to cancel the transaction. At the end of the day, we signed a rescission agreement that cancelled the original sales contract and we received our refund for the fees a week later. The money from the sale would have been great and needed, but we live our lives with better safe than sorry to guide us.

Connor W.
May 10, 2021

We were contacted by Chris Anderson as well just over a week ago and we even made a counter offer and they accepted it. They sound so legit also, advising us to get an attorney to look over the contract to make sure it is all legit, but after reading all of these I am thinking twice as well. Why wouldn't they just go stay at the resort and buy a share for half the price they are offering us??

Christi S.
May 10, 2021

If they are making an offer to purchase your timeshare then there is no need for you to pay anything upfront . They can take their commission out of the proceeds when the sale is final . So there's the catch . They are going to demand you pay money upfront to complete the sale . Once you pay that money then they will tell you that there is another " fee " that has to be paid . This will continue until you stop sending them more money .

You will then be put on the " sucker list " and sometime in the future someone will contact you claiming they can get back the money you were scammed out of . If you decide to follow through with this scam please come back months from now and let us know how much they scammed you for .

Don P.
May 12, 2021

I’m so glad I read these! Robert Thomas was the person I spoke with from Telegence and they almost got me with how well spoken and knowledgeable he was. Along with the attorney from Mexico! They offered me 30k for a timeshare I paid 16k for! We as humans are so greedy for money we almost fall for anything! But my instincts told me this wasn’t legit so I started searching the Internet and found this forum! I appreciate you guys for sharing you saved me 1100.00 lol

Jay E.
May 12, 2021

It's refreshing to prevent the scammers from fleecing another victim .

Don P.
Oct 26, 2022

Big scam !!! List lots of money, and so do many others. Stay away, in litigation at this moment.

Keith A.
Oct 26, 2022

Scam co

Keith A.
Oct 26, 2022

Bad investment

Keith A.
Mar 06, 2023

Any luck with litigation?

Neville W.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.