Ask RedWeek

I am ready to book Marriot in Aruba

Oct 12, 2022

The one I am considering is only verified not protected. What is the risk? There are 2 units available for my week and one is neither verified and protected so I am guessing it is best to stay away from that one.

Judy M.
Oct 12, 2022

Verified and Protected means the posting is bookable online and your payment will be made by credit card to RedWeek. We do not disburse payment to the owner until two business days after you check in to the resort.

If you are not using RedWeek online booking, then we recommend you take precautions to make sure the transaction is safe. You will find more information here: Stay Safe

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Last edited by phyl21 on Oct 12, 2022 12:37 PM

Oct 15, 2022

I have booked many times mostly unverified you call Marriot aruba and see if the booking is in their name when they switch you can see that too

Qft
Jun 28, 2023

What is the extra cost when renting at verified and protected listing

Richard K.
Jun 29, 2023

richardk769 wrote:
What is the extra cost when renting at verified and protected listing

The owner / advertiser pays RedWeek up front to have his / her ownership and reservation "verified". There is no cost to the renter. Some advertisers will pay the fee to get "verified", but will reject the "protected" option, since accepting that "protected"option means that the owner doesn't receive any of the rental money until two days after the renter has actually checked in. To many owners / advertisers, that unnecessary delay for receipt of their rental payment is (understandably) just plain unacceptable.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jun 30, 2023 05:15 AM

Jul 13, 2023

I'm interested in the additional fees. Are the taxes and fee per person per night?

Kathy P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.