Ask RedWeek

Owner / renter reviews

Nov 29, 2022

Not sure if there is a better place for suggestions, but have you guys every considered having a feedback aspect that would allow owners and renters the ability to leave feedback after a transaction? I've only rented once and I had a great experience, but I am a little leery of booking some of the unverified listings. Even knowing that someone has rented their property 5 times or whatever would be great.

Aaron E.
Dec 01, 2022

Aaron, I own several weeks and I have placed rental ads here on Redweek. Regarding reviews of owners, there are some aspects of renting timeshares that owner have no control over. A primary issue that could cause an unsatisfactory review is villa assignment. As an owner staying in my unit, I get priority of the most desirable units…but on a rotating basis. Renters are at the bottom of the priority list. Renters only get a specified unit at resorts that have fixed week and fixed units and this is not common. Also, most owners do not rent a lot of weeks. One renter who is less than fully satisfied could make review scores look really bad and ruin the potential to rent in the future. Redweek has a vested interest in not having its paid members get scammed so I trust Redweek desire to stay in business. If word got out that a member was scammed on Redweek, that would severely damage Redweek’s reputation..regardless if the rental of sale is verified or not.

Raymond M.
Jan 01, 2024

Is there a place I could get information on an owner? I am looking to rent 2 units and I cannot get the owner to talk live only email. I want to just make sure everything is legit.

Eric R.
Jan 03, 2024

It may be because RedWeek wants verification only through RedWeek. However, don’t quote me on that. I would contact RedWeek and specifically state your concern with that one to their customer service reps. And - Include the fact that you would like a verification with the week.

Katherine C.
Jan 04, 2024

katherinec252 wrote:
I would contact RedWeek and specifically state your concern with that one to their customer service reps. And - Include the fact that you would like a verification with the week.

Getting "RedWeek Verified" is strictly an owners choice and option to provide (or not) with their listing. Prospective renters have no say in the matter, regardless of what they "would like".

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 04, 2024 03:46 PM

Jan 05, 2024

how do you rent a week? what if it is a scam?

Ling Y.
Jan 07, 2024

I am in agreement with some here. I am not an owner just someone who rents. I just successfully rented a week in Cabo for my first rental and everything went great. I would like the acknowledgement that I had a successful transaction with an owner or something along those lines..

Carlos M.
Apr 17, 2024

I cannot comment on renting for I’ve never rented through RedWeek and while I am an owner and a member of RedWeek I’ve never listed my property for rental. My issue is that I have on several occasions asked questions about possibly purchasing more properties, and can’t get any responses from RedWeek or the owner, you must be a member to submit inquiries. It is a waste of time and membership fee.

Dan Villella
Apr 17, 2024

danv90 wrote:
I cannot comment on renting for I’ve never rented through RedWeek and while I am an owner and a member of RedWeek I’ve never listed my property for rental. My issue is that I have on several occasions asked questions about possibly purchasing more properties, and can’t get any responses from RedWeek or the owner, you must be a member to submit inquiries. It is a waste of time and membership fee.

I do not work for or in any way represent RedWeek, but I must respectfully but strongly disagree with your assessment, having been a satisfied RedWeek member for many years. I have purchased and sold timeshare weeks on RedWeek, rented timeshare weeks from others here and, on a few occasions, used the RedWeek site to rent out weeks I own when unable to use them myself. I have never encountered any difficulties with any of those various different activities using the RedWeek site.

RedWeek is merely a site on which timeshare owners / RedWeek members may choose (and pay) to advertise resales and rentals. How can you blame the advertising site if some of those members / advertisers don't respond to your particular inquiries? That odd conclusion just makes no sense to me and it frankly borders on silly, in my personal opinion. If you are unhappy with the RedWeek site, there are other sites you can use instead --- none of them safer from scammers and spammers than RedWeek.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Apr 19, 2024 04:20 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.