Hacienda del Mar Resort

Happy with Hacienda?

Jun 25, 2007

lonnies6 wrote:
I have been going to Hacienda for the past 5 years, though my husband purchased during the construction of the resort. We are both very pleased with the resort, the staff is wonderful and the accommodations are outstanding. The resort is always being developed with better facilities, including the most recent work-out facility and spa...how beautiful!!! I have recommended Hacienda to other individuals and everyone loves it.

Thank you for your input. I'm glad that people are enjoying their time at the HdM. I think after we begin to forget the horror of buying a timeshare, we will be able to enjoy it as well (or at least our extended family will)!

Sam T.
Jun 25, 2007

Sam T.

Last edited by samt12 on Sep 11, 2007 10:11 AM

Jun 25, 2007

samt12 wrote:
millieb8 wrote:
samt12 wrote:
Does anyone else feel like they got drugged? I think buying a timeshare at the Hacienda will haunt us for the rest of our lives.

Is anyone glad they purchased?

Has anyone found a way around using RCI?

We just used RCI to go to Kauai and are pleased with the exchange (hard to complain in Hawaii!). We are still on our 2 free years of membership with RCI. Don't know what to do when that expires. Have a hard time forking out more dough for their membership and ridiculous exchange rates, but will have a hard time facing the Hacienda again for the first time. Would really love to discover a forum of owners seeking to exchange amongst themselves!

Please share any positives, insight, or loopholes.

We are not happy with our timeshare with RCI. Hacienda Del Mar is beautiful but we are finding that it is costing an arm and a leg to fly there. Our experience with RCI has been anything but pleasurable. It took me three months to have a charge taken off my credit card that we had not authorized. Two and a half hours later, a three way call with the credit card company and Hacienda got it taken care of. In the meantime, I was hung up on, transferred from someone in Canada to someone in Mexico to someone in Indiana.

We also are sorry that we bought there and don't want to pay the high maintenance fees.

I hear you! I don't think we are going to continue with RCI. But, then we have to go back to HdM over and over and over again. It is nice, but I would like some flexibility. I wish our timeshare didn't make me feel pigeon-holed. Out of curiosity, what part of the country are you from?

We are living in East TN

Millie B.
Sep 09, 2007

I just came back from a wonderful week at HDM thru my cousin's timeshare exchange. I attended a timeshare presentation at HDM but didn't buy. I'm new to this forum and the timeshare concept in general, so I have a few questions:

1. Is Sunnybeach a timeshare broker, if so how does one get in contact with her?

2. I have looked here in Redweek for resale lisitngs...some are deeded and some are RIGHT TO USE annually. Does ANNUALY mean I can buy someone's timeshare for the duration of the years left but THEY retain right to renew when the 20+ years are up? And of course, DEEDED would mean it's exclusively mine right?

3. At HDM the manager explained to me that RCI would give 2 separate weeks for exchanging 1 week at HDM, and that this would be for the 25 yrs if I purchased...is this legit? I think that's more of an RCI thing because RCI has high demand for Cabo. So RCI can pull this offer any time right?

4. It was explained to me by sales manager that HDM keeps 20% of their rooms unoccupied so I would never have any trouble reserving a week to use there. One of my biggest concerns has been if I bought a timeshare, would I get the "runaround" when I tried to book my week. However, I read in a previous post here that someone had to book week (7) 365 days in advance?

Thank you all in advance for your input, and please excuse the newbie questions..I'm very interested in a HDM timeshare but wanted to do some homework before buying..all help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Ed A.
Sep 09, 2007

I will try answer some of your questions. #1. Don't know. #2. All intervals at HDM are right to use. I don't believe there are any provisions to renew when the origional time period has expired. You would be buying the remaining time period of the previous owner. There are resorts in Mexico that will renew your time of use, one instance is 5 times your annual maintenance fee. #3. RCI may offer you a bonus week if you deposit your HDM week with them well in advance of the reserved time. This bonus week is subject to availability, and in my opinion, would only get you into vacation areas during off peak times, or into low demand resorts. I would not want to rely on a bonus week to obtain a high demand resort/time. #4. A definate LIE !! I have posted that we reserve prime time 365 days in advance, which we have been doing for many years. There will be off-peak times when the resort is not full, and reservations are easier to obtain. If I called the resort today, I would bet money there is not any availability until May or June, 2008. I have been in line at 6:00 AM to make reservations, and I have seen availability of certain size units be completely booked by 9:30. It may be somewhat better now with more units being added, but the resort has had a reputation of being oversold for many years. We have owned since 1998, so have had some experience. It is still a beautiful resort, and look forward to returning there in February. Bruce

Sydney E.
Sep 09, 2007

millieb8 wrote:
samt12 wrote:
millieb8 wrote:
samt12 wrote:
Does anyone else feel like they got drugged? I think buying a timeshare at the Hacienda will haunt us for the rest of our lives.

Is anyone glad they purchased?

Has anyone found a way around using RCI?

We just used RCI to go to Kauai and are pleased with the exchange (hard to complain in Hawaii!). We are still on our 2 free years of membership with RCI. Don't know what to do when that expires. Have a hard time forking out more dough for their membership and ridiculous exchange rates, but will have a hard time facing the Hacienda again for the first time. Would really love to discover a forum of owners seeking to exchange amongst themselves!

Please share any positives, insight, or loopholes.

We are not happy with our timeshare with RCI. Hacienda Del Mar is beautiful but we are finding that it is costing an arm and a leg to fly there. Our experience with RCI has been anything but pleasurable. It took me three months to have a charge taken off my credit card that we had not authorized. Two and a half hours later, a three way call with the credit card company and Hacienda got it taken care of. In the meantime, I was hung up on, transferred from someone in Canada to someone in Mexico to someone in Indiana.

We also are sorry that we bought there and don't want to pay the high maintenance fees.

I hear you! I don't think we are going to continue with RCI. But, then we have to go back to HdM over and over and over again. It is nice, but I would like some flexibility. I wish our timeshare didn't make me feel pigeon-holed. Out of curiosity, what part of the country are you from?

We are living in East TN

WHY do you have to go back to Hacienda del Mar over and over again?? Make a reservation for prime time, advertise it on Redweek to rent, take the money and rent in another location from another owner. No exchange fees, maintenance fees can be paid by January 1, no guest fees, no memberships. Our biggest dilema is the high airfare from Minnesota.

Sydney E.
Sep 09, 2007

breddymn wrote:
I will try answer some of your questions. #1. Don't know. #2. All intervals at HDM are right to use. I don't believe there are any provisions to renew when the origional time period has expired. You would be buying the remaining time period of the previous owner. There are resorts in Mexico that will renew your time of use, one instance is 5 times your annual maintenance fee. #3. RCI may offer you a bonus week if you deposit your HDM week with them well in advance of the reserved time. This bonus week is subject to availability, and in my opinion, would only get you into vacation areas during off peak times, or into low demand resorts. I would not want to rely on a bonus week to obtain a high demand resort/time. #4. A definate LIE !! I have posted that we reserve prime time 365 days in advance, which we have been doing for many years. There will be off-peak times when the resort is not full, and reservations are easier to obtain. If I called the resort today, I would bet money there is not any availability until May or June, 2008. I have been in line at 6:00 AM to make reservations, and I have seen availability of certain size units be completely booked by 9:30. It may be somewhat better now with more units being added, but the resort has had a reputation of being oversold for many years. We have owned since 1998, so have had some experience. It is still a beautiful resort, and look forward to returning there in February. Bruce

Bruce...thank you for the wealth of information! My instinct was indeed that when trying to sell a timeshare, the salespersons aren't going to admit owners will have a difficult time booking dates. This obviously would have a great negative impact on those of us considering buying. OK, so if I buy a resale timeshare at HDM, I will be the rightful owner of the remaining years left on the previous owners' contract..i think i got it! I've now begun doing lots of research on resale timeshares. I specifically enjoyed HDM so chances are very good that's where I will buy. I did go to Playa Grande for a TS presentation...was ther for 3 1/2 exhausting hours and at the end I didn't even care about price anymore...I just wanted to leave!

Ed A.
Sep 11, 2007

I am familiar with Sunnybeach as I bought a Presidential at HdM from her last year. She is an American living in Cabo and she couldn't more helpful. I even checked with her on the weather after Henriett as I have a two week vacation scheduled ther soon. You can contact her through her email. Please remember timeshares sales, esp. HdM are her business. Don't take advantage of her or she'll be mad at me!

Judy from Wisconsin

Judy K.

Last edited by marty8084 on Sep 11, 2007 11:26 PM

Sep 11, 2007

judy1432 wrote:
I am familiar with Sunnybeach as I bought a Presidential at HdM from her last year. She is an American living in Cabo and she couldn't more helpful. I even checked with her on the weather after Henriett as I have a two week vacation scheduled ther soon. You can contact her through her email. Please remember timeshares sales, esp. HdM are her business. Don't take advantage of her or she'll be mad at me!

Judy from Wisconsin

Thanks Judy!

Sam T.

Last edited by marty8084 on Sep 11, 2007 11:26 PM

Sep 11, 2007

WHY do you have to go back to Hacienda del Mar over and over again?? Make a reservation for prime time, advertise it on Redweek to rent, take the money and rent in another location from another owner. No exchange fees, maintenance fees can be paid by January 1, no guest fees, no memberships. Our biggest dilema is the high airfare from Minnesota. Good point! Thanks for the advice.

Sam T.

Last edited by samt12 on Sep 11, 2007 03:30 PM

Sep 11, 2007

judy1432 wrote:

Judy from Wisconsin

So, you were smart enough to buy a resale?

Sam T.

Last edited by marty8084 on Sep 11, 2007 11:29 PM

Sep 17, 2007

Does anyone know the value of a Jr. Suite with 19 years left? A friend wants me to buy, but I am afraid that it will be difficult to get the right times to go.

thanks

MIKE from OR

Mike N.
Sep 18, 2007

miken71 wrote:
Does anyone know the value of a Jr. Suite with 19 years left? A friend wants me to buy, but I am afraid that it will be difficult to get the right times to go.

thanks

MIKE from OR

If you look at the RESALE listings here for this resort, you will find the least expensive studio (aka Jr. Suite) selling for $897. This is an ANNUAL Right To Use and it's use expires in 2026. There are many other studios for sale listed here along with 1, 2 and 3 bedrooms, and at various price ranges. FYI: jr suites are considered 0 bedrooms.

Ed A.
Sep 18, 2007

miken71 wrote:

thanks

MIKE from OR

ALSO: as far as "the right times to go," these are floating weeks 1-50* that need to be scheduled, not a specific assigned week as other timeshares are set up this way. *They can be scheduled between weeks 1-50, availability permitting.

Ed A.
Oct 14, 2007

If you go to redweeks site for HdM go to the listing for resales and click thru them til you find "Sunnybeach"...this is my salesperson Carmen who lives in Cabo...a native of CA. Email her(it will appear as a email on THAT listing you contact her thru.

She was very helpful but does NOT work for HdM...so she will be objective.

Judy K.
Nov 02, 2010

Just do not buy at Hyatt, they are the worse timeshare company I have ever dealt with. Yes they are nice looking etc. but you have been warned. I have owned and still own other timeshares and Hyatt is a scam. Read some of the other blogs here and remember that you were warned because it takes time to realize the lies.

Tom S.
Nov 02, 2010

Buying Hyatt timeshare used has none of the better benifits as if you bought new i.e. ability to use the Hotels at Hyatt every other year. hyatt Sucks stay away, many other lies about there timeshares

Tom S.
Nov 30, 2010

Hello, I'm trying to determine the value of the junior suite I bought with friends in 1997. They want out. We have 15 weeks left on the contract. Any suggestions about how to value it? Thanks! MH

Michele H.
Nov 30, 2010

It will be worth more because you won't have to worry about the high maintenance fees after 15 years, rent a timeshare from an owner. It's like a boat, the best boat is a friends boat.

Tom S.
Nov 12, 2011

We enjoyed the resort once we got there. The food was great and the property was beautiful. The pools were clean and nice. We also found unauthorized credit card charges on our card when we got home. We had our credit card company remove the additional charges.

Bryan H.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.