Club Velas Vallarta

Dont let them cheat/deceive you

Mar 22, 2008

resolved

Valerie A.

Last edited by valeriea6 on Dec 02, 2009 10:09 AM

Mar 25, 2008

The same thing happened to us. No other timeshare sales have been made nor have any weeks been rented. We made a terrible mistake in trusting their word! MAS in AL.

georgeb145 wrote:
When we purchased atvellas they assigned us a broker and promised they would sell the other timeshares we owned as well as sell 4 weeks a year of the vellas contract. All of which never happened. It cost us $20,000 dollars to get out of the contract. My wife put it best when she said it was like buying an inexpensive car and driving it into a tree without insurance. I dont recommend it, So rermember Buyer beware.

John S.
Mar 25, 2008

resolved

Valerie A.

Last edited by valeriea6 on Dec 02, 2009 10:09 AM

Mar 25, 2008

even though we did not fall for the vellas scam I am glad that a bunch of you are getting together to try to fix the ones who did. We stayed there in December and went to the timeshare scam. We started out with them lieing to us which was good as it put us on the alert. WE really liked the velas and might of been interested if they hadn't done that. After reading all these stories from others I am glad we didn't invest. The one thing I have found out is if you are really interested in a timeshare you should look at the aftermarket to purchase one. The prices are so much less. We were quoted 125,000.00 us dollars for a one bedroom at velas. Yes you are reading that right. We went to another timeshare that tried to charge us even more for their resort. When we got home looked at after market and found both places at prices less than 1500.00 us dollars for the same thing. Thats loosing more than an expensive car if you fell for it. My brother has had a timeshare for many years. Meanwhile he is in Hawaii right now renting a timeshare because he could not get a timeshare through his company his timeshare is with for this time of year. As I said he has had this timeshare for years. He always has problems when he tries to book anywhere most of us would want to go and the times most of us would want to go. When he finally wanted to go to mexico he had to book 2 years in advance and then when he got there they told him they had overbooked (RCI) the nice new resort he wanted and he would have to go to the lesser sister resort which of course was not as nice. Needless to say he was not happy. He even has a hard time getting good times at the less desirable resorts. He has been using a week at lake chelan for years and never gets summer. He usually goes in October because thats the best he can get. So timeshare buyers beware.

Nancy W.
Mar 26, 2008

valeriea6 wrote:
guest530 wrote:
This is a very very immoral, and probably illegal way to sell timeshares and I can't believe I got taken in. I echo all the sentiments of those above. They promised they would sell a time share I wanted to get rid of for enough to pay for this time share. They promised that I would easily rent/resell weeks I did not want to use which has not been true. I paid $500.00 to a reseller to resell the other time share they said that they could easily sell and I never heard from them again. I paid a rediculous price of $18,000 for a 1 bedroom every other year. If you go to redweek.com, you will see many of these week for sale one as low as $600.00. Read em a weap folks!
I am contacting people that have been misled by Club Velas. If you are interested in learning about what we are doing to try to have some $ refunded, email me at rvarend@sasktel.net. I will be contacting anyone who has replied to this forum, or who has Club Velas weeks listed for sale or rent. There will be strength in numbers and the resort will not want bad publicity. Thanks.

Robert Y.
May 28, 2008

We have resolve the issue

Natalie P.

Last edited by nataliep44 on May 30, 2008 02:55 PM

Jun 29, 2008

!

Karen L.

Last edited by karenl311 on Jun 29, 2008 08:03 AM

Jun 29, 2008

valeriea6 wrote:
johns1525 wrote:
The same thing happened to us. No other timeshare sales have been made nor have any weeks been rented. We made a terrible mistake in trusting their word! MAS in AL.
georgeb145 wrote:
When we purchased atvellas they assigned us a broker and promised they would sell the other timeshares we owned as well as sell 4 weeks a year of the vellas contract. All of which never happened. It cost us $20,000 dollars to get out of the contract. My wife put it best when she said it was like buying an inexpensive car and driving it into a tree without insurance. I dont recommend it, So remember Buyer beware.
There are a group of us in the process of proceeding with legal action against Velas. If you are interested, reply to this email for more information. If you know of others, alert them to this as well. Thanks.

Phyllis M.
Jun 29, 2008

guest530 wrote:
valeriea6 wrote:
guest530 wrote:
This is a very very immoral, and probably illegal way to sell timeshares and I can't believe I got taken in. I echo all the sentiments of those above. They promised they would sell a time share I wanted to get rid of for enough to pay for this time share. They promised that I would easily rent/resell weeks I did not want to use which has not been true. I paid $500.00 to a reseller to resell the other time share they said that they could easily sell and I never heard from them again. I paid a rediculous price of $18,000 for a 1 bedroom every other year. If you go to redweek.com, you will see many of these week for sale one as low as $600.00. Read em a weap folks!
I am contacting people that have been misled by Club Velas. If you are interested in learning about what we are doing to try to have some $ refunded, email me at rvarend@sasktel.net. I will be contacting anyone who has replied to this forum, or who has Club Velas weeks listed for sale or rent. There will be strength in numbers and the resort will not want bad publicity. Thanks.
please contact me fefe927@comcast.net

Phyllis M.
Jun 29, 2008

valeriea6 wrote:
johns1525 wrote:
georgeb145 wrote:
When we purchased atvellas they assigned us a broker and promised they would sell the other timeshares we owned as well as sell 4 weeks a year of the vellas contract. All of which never happened. It cost us $20,000 dollars to get out of the contract. My wife put it best when she said it was like buying an inexpensive car and driving it into a tree without insurance. I dont recommend it, So remember Buyer beware.
There are a group of us in the process of proceeding with legal action against Velas. If you are interested, reply to this email for more information. If you know of others, alert them to this as well. Thanks.

I am interested in finding out more about your legal actions against Velas. I am in the same situation. Please send me more info @ fefe927@comcast.net

Phyllis M.
Jun 29, 2008

phyllism96 wrote:
valeriea6 wrote:
johns1525 wrote:
georgeb145 wrote:

I am interested in finding out more about your legal actions against Velas. I am in the same situation. Please send me more info @ fefe927@comcast.net

I wrote in on this same topic earlier this year and would also like to be contacted. We just paid off what we owed on our credit card for the week we got scammed into. But, we also paid our fees so we could at least try using our week there. It cost us extra because we are not allowed to use our week in the summer. We don't even know if it is an all-inclusive week or not, but I just checked on expedia and travelocity and discovered that we could get the exact same unit type, airfare and all-inclusive package for almost the same as what we have paid in fees-excluding our initial purchase price/sacrifice. So please add us to the list of unhappy "customers". jnnbulldis@comcast.net

~Jackie in Olympia

Jacqueline B.
Jun 29, 2008

Is anybody else planning to use their time at Velas? Or anybody been recently? Would appreciate any fresh advice. Thanks!

~Jackie

Jacqueline B.
Jun 30, 2008

phyllism96 wrote:
valeriea6 wrote:
johns1525 wrote:
georgeb145 wrote:

I am very interested in finding out more about legal actions against Velas.

Phyllis M.
Jul 22, 2008

valeriea6 wrote:
guest530 wrote:
Did you sign a waiver giving up your right to the 5 day cancellation period? If so, you have legal rights because that cannot be waived. If you are interested in pursuing this, information can be had on timeshare fraud websites. We are looking into different ways to try to get Velas to refund some of our money. Reply if you are interested in learning more.

Denise P.
Jul 22, 2008

I am interested in learning more about trying to get a refund from Velas. I too was told about the rental and have not heard anyting from them. I call every month and am told that it will rent by the end of the month and then nothing happens. I would desperately like to sell or get out of this but I realize it's too late. I wish I had found this article sooner because I bought in July of 2007 and my year is almost up. Who would I contact if I still have time left? Please contact me at neseyp1@verizon.net

Denise P.
Jul 22, 2008

denisep104 wrote:
valeriea6 wrote:
guest530 wrote:
Did you sign a waiver giving up your right to the 5 day cancellation period? If so, you have legal rights because that cannot be waived. If you are interested in pursuing this, information can be had on timeshare fraud websites. We are looking into different ways to try to get Velas to refund some of our money. Reply if you are interested in learning more.

We signed the waiver, (by the way- this is hard to prove because they don't even include a copy of the waiver in the paperwork they give you) then realized we didn't want to go through with the deal, returned to Velas with a letter of our decision to cancel plus all of our contract materials. They claimed the waiver was legal since we were buying a "used" contract, in other words it had belonged to another member who had recently "upgraded" to a higher level. They refused to accept our cancellation letter. We argued it until it was them threatening to meet us in court, so we took the down grade they offered for $5000.00, which was a studio in the bronze season. We just returned from using our week and my husband is convinced we are blacklisted. When we arrived, we got none f the special members only royal welcome. In fact, they had no recored of our reservation and wanted to charge us for our first night until they could locate the reservation. (be sure to ALWAYS carry your confirmation letter with you!!) I had a receipt from my credit card proving we paid and they eventually got it straight, but turned me down when I suggested an upgrade was in order. So, we got no special treatment, no benefits of membership whatsoever. When we checked out, they had not even applied the 20% discount to our food charges. When I protested they said they'd have to go through a different office for that and since we were running late, we just paid.

The place is truly beautiful, and for that I was thankful, but NONE of what we were promised was fulfilled in the least.

Tip: If you go, don't eat there-the prices are obscene! You can eat better and cheaper almost anywhere else. Go to wal_Mart or Mega or Costco and buy your own drink making supplies & whatever food if you don't mind cooking some.

For activities we highly recommend the sail boat, "Gypsy Spirit". They only take on up to 20 people but on the day we sailed there were only 4 other passengers. It was SO much better than the party boats where they pack people on like sardines. They sailed to a remote coastal village where we snorkeled in the clearest water we've ever seen in PV and served us a great lunch on the beach. It was like being on a private beach, it was incredibly beautiful, and very peaceful and relaxing. We'll never go on the big boats again. Top shelf liquor if you wanted it, and hands down the best service we ever had on a bay cruise in PV. By the way, it is a beautiful wooden sailboat too.

Good luck to all who are going back to Velas.

~Jackie

Jacqueline B.
Aug 03, 2008

We were CHEATED Too. And lied to, deceived, etc. We signed a Waiver of the Right of Rescission, but it was not in our packet when we returned to our Hotel, after a grueling 5 hour intense presentation. Does anyone have a copy of the Waiver that they signed? My attorney would love to get his hands on a copy of the Waiver. I am in the middle of fighting for a cancellation as well as the deposit. Thanks for your help. Kelly

Kelly A.

Last edited by kellya99 on Sep 11, 2008 04:00 PM

Aug 03, 2008

To the writer who is or has filed a lawsuit with many others, has that been resolved. If so, please let me know the outcome. If not yet, please let me know how I can get more information.Thanks

Kelly A.

Last edited by kellya99 on Aug 03, 2008 10:55 PM

Aug 15, 2008

I guess it's all about your perspective. We bought our two bedroom week about five years ago on the secondary market for about $4k from someone who was dumb enough to pay $24k. Yes the annual fees are high but where you going to go for less? We don't do all inclusive because you don't have to. (Just say no) Instead we go out and enjoy the night life and various restaurants we have frequented over the years. We use our week every December and have great time because we don't allow them to make us patsies. We know how to say no. Johnnie Noe and his vipers at Velas can only take advantage of people who allow it. If you open your wallet in Mexico someone will take advantage of the opportunity you present to them.

As to the $4k we put into this, we have probably gotten it back and then some. How? By playing their game. Every year we "let ourselves get talked into going" to a couple of timeshare presentations and receive between $350 & $400 cash (x2) prior to listening to the pitch. When their 90 minutes is up we tell them it's over and head to the door. We keep our wallets closed and just say nooooo. We use their money (or is it your money) to go fishing, jungle excursions or sailing.

Well be there again this December having a great time.

W K.

Last edited by wk7 on Aug 20, 2008 03:06 PM

Oct 06, 2008

Definately interested. My husband and I had all the same experiences I'm reading about. Also, after we paid our fees last year when we showed up at the resort they charged us substantially more than was quoted on the reservation sheet/annual fee bill. We threatened to tell everyone at the resort all week long what they were doing, and they threatened to have us thrown off the property. I started talking attorneys and they cut us a very small break on the price. Not worth what they charge for the AI anymore. Always the same food every year, and isn't that good. I think I'll deposit my weeks into RCI for a while and go somewhere else.

Julie D.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.