Royal Haciendas

Recent visits

Jul 25, 2007

Has anyone been to the Haciendas lately and know how the construction is going? Someone I know was there Mar 07 and found it FABULOUS and they can't wait to go again. They weren't bothered by construction as they were in phase 1, phase 2 should be about finished....right? THANKS.

Deb F.
Jul 27, 2007

Was there on July 9th and July 13th. Looks fantastic. Had to buy a week in the third phase, but can't use it till 2009. We'll be going in 2008 to the Sands and will be sure to visit the Hacienda's in June of 2008. The third phase should be almost complete. Can't wait to see the new pool, bar, etc.

Tracy P.
Aug 01, 2007

Just arrive back from the Playa.. just got me a Villa on Phase III. But it is not built yet, should open next year tho.. Only concrete blocks forming the rooms on the first floor. I'd say its less than 5% done. Too bad i cant use it until 2009 since it will be finished after my week.

neways heres a pic of the 1st horseshoe. looks very nice. http://f1ip.net/upload/files/1/HaciendaHorseshoe1.jpg

R C.
Aug 08, 2007

tracyp6 wrote:
Was there on July 9th and July 13th. Looks fantastic. Had to buy a week in the third phase, but can't use it till 2009. We'll be going in 2008 to the Sands and will be sure to visit the Hacienda's in June of 2008. The third phase should be almost complete. Can't wait to see the new pool, bar, etc.

Hi, Please tell me more???? What did you do and what was going on at the resorts???? I bought a week last May for week 21 and I can't wait till next May already.. Alicia

Alicia G.
Aug 08, 2007

rc82 Just arrive back from the Playa.. just got me a Villa on Phase III. But it is not built yet, should open next year tho.. Only concrete blocks forming the rooms on the first floor. I'd say its less than 5% done. Too bad i cant use it until 2009 since it will be finished after my week.

neways heres a pic of the 1st horseshoe. looks very nice. http://f1ip.net/upload/files/1/HaciendaHorseshoe1.jpg

Great Picture.........It's only August now and can't wait till next May to go back there. Did they finish the restaurant on the inside of the resort. When I was there it wasn't finish. How was the pool bar food??? How was the prices for happy hour??? :O) Alicia

Alicia G.
Aug 08, 2007

We were at the Royal Haciendas on July 12th during our two weeks, 27 and 28, at the Royal Sands. We own weeks 44 and 45 in phase 1 and had stayed at the Haciendas in November, 2006. We were amazed and extremely pleased at the growth of the resort in less than a year. The whole first loop is completed and occupied. Phase 3 was under construction. Looking at the webcams on the www.royalresorts.com page, there's been a lot of growth in the last couple weeks! We left the Haciendas at 5:00 when the construction workers were leaving. There must have been 300 men lined up waiting to catch a bus, probably back to Cancun. Walking by the under construction beachfront building, from behind the fence, I counted 27 men working on one villa. Their construction is just massive, and the rate and the quality of construction is just amazing. Steel reinforced everywhere, with steel rebarb in all the walls. Hurricane proof for sure! The completed first loop is very nice -- my only (minor)disappointment was that they took out the little waterways and ponds in the middle patio portion between the large pool and the kid's pool. I hope they keep the ponds in the second loop as water makes it seem cooler.

Deborah B.
Aug 09, 2007

aliciag23

rc82 wrote:
Just arrive back from the Playa.. just got me a Villa on Phase III. But it is not built yet, should open next year tho.. Only concrete blocks forming the rooms on the first floor. I'd say its less than 5% done. Too bad i cant use it until 2009 since it will be finished after my week.

Great Picture.........It's only August now and can't wait till next May to go back there. Did they finish the restaurant on the inside of the resort. When I was there it wasn't finish. How was the pool bar food??? How was the prices for happy hour??? :O) Alicia

The Restaurant close to the bar by the lobby area is not opened yet. Theres only a wall painted like a door there. Cant comment on pool bar food or the Happy Hour. we just purchased our Villa there..took the last week of May, 3rd floor on the 3rd phase.

haha.. i see you have the same week as ours as well.

R C.

Last edited by rc82 on Aug 09, 2007 01:42 PM

Aug 10, 2007

rc82 Welcome to the Haciendas.....Maybe year 2009 we will meet on the resort.... We don't have our villa either till 2009 too! They made a hugh mistake by selling us someone elses that is waiting for the beach front to open in 2009 (the owners upgraded to a beach front from the bought they sold us), Since they still own the one that we bought, they have the right till 2009. Since we already paid them the money and own till 2009 and felt bad for their mistake, they gave us a villa to use in 2008 for the maintence price. We took it and it's they week that we own so we can get to know our neighbors. Wait till you get your gifts in the mail from the Royal Resorts. They're pretty nice. Hey, with all the money we spent on the week, we should get something, right??? Alicia

Alicia G.
Aug 13, 2007

We own week 26 and had a wonderful experience. I'm looking for another week as we speak. We also own at the Royal Islander and we are seriously talking about selling it for two weeks at the Haceindas. This place is BEAUTIFUL.

Cassie N.
Aug 14, 2007

cassien wrote:
We own week 26 and had a wonderful experience. I'm looking for another week as we speak. We also own at the Royal Islander and we are seriously talking about selling it for two weeks at the Haceindas. This place is BEAUTIFUL.

There are numerous resale postings here on RedWeek.com. Check them out. You can also post your resale on our website.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Aug 16, 2007

cassien wrote:

Hi Cassien, Next year we're going to the Haciendas in May and after that week we're going to stay at the Islander for the other week. I'm also looking to buy another week too! But, I would like to see how I feel with a trip at the Maya and then Cancun would be like for me. Who knows, I might just think like you and get another week at the Haciendas also. Alicia

Alicia G.
Aug 16, 2007

This is what happens! One week is not enough! Starting out with one, we now own 2 in the summer and 2 in the fall! It's my understanding that if you want 2 back to back weeks in the same villa, you can trade in the equity of your present villa for another villa. You would just add the cost of the second week and the price difference of your present villa to the next villa, presumably in a later phase. Our 2 Royal Sands weeks, 27 and 28, are not in the same villa. The move mid vacation is OK, it means we get to stay an extra week, but the convenience of not having to pack, move groceries, wait until the next villa is vacated, is so much better. Our Haciendas weeks, 44 and 45, are in the same villa. I know some people who really wanted beachfront at the Haciendas, but with so few beachfront villas, weren't able to get it. So they purchased in phase 1 with the intent to transfer the full equity to phase 3 beachfront when it came up for sale. Ask your salesperson about it if you're interested.

Deborah B.
Aug 24, 2007

Has anyone heard any news about the Haciendas after hurricane Dean storm?????

Alicia G.
Aug 24, 2007

aliciag23 Has anyone heard any news about the Haciendas after hurricane Dean storm?????[

I went to the internet and googled royal hacienda and hurricane dean and I got these results: " The beach at the Royal Sands is apparently fine and there is no damage to the six Royal Resorts in Quintana Roo.

Playa Delfines in the hotel zone has some great waves, lots of wind and blowing sand. Some rocks are showing but it sounded like the beach was still there.

Playa del Carmen is pretty much unscathed, some debris to clean up but that sounds like the extent of it."

And I got another report as well: " For a first hand report on timeshare resorts in Cancun, check what they say on the Storm Carib blog which says, “Club Internacional de Cancun, Royal Sands and Royal Haciendas are fine. It is too soon to tell the exact condition of the beach at Royal Mayan, Royal Caribbean, and Royal Islander.”

Marilou P.
Jan 08, 2008

aliciag23 wrote:
rc82 Welcome to the Haciendas.....Maybe year 2009 we will meet on the resort.... We don't have our villa either till 2009 too! They made a hugh mistake by selling us someone elses that is waiting for the beach front to open in 2009 (the owners upgraded to a beach front from the bought they sold us), Since they still own the one that we bought, they have the right till 2009. Since we already paid them the money and own till 2009 and felt bad for their mistake, they gave us a villa to use in 2008 for the maintence price. We took it and it's they week that we own so we can get to know our neighbors. Wait till you get your gifts in the mail from the Royal Resorts. They're pretty nice. Hey, with all the money we spent on the week, we should get something, right??? Alicia
What in the range of costs for the timeshares at Royal Haciendas when new?

Karen M.
Jan 10, 2008

Has anyone dined anywhere of interest off the Royal Haciendas premises? We're arriving soon, but have not yet been there as our usual week is at the Royal Sands. Any other suggestions as to things to do and see in the area and how best to get around outside the resort? Also, what is best way to get there from the airport?

Fredi G.
Jan 12, 2008

fredig - I put this list together with the help from A LOT of Mayan Riviera seasoned travelers. We were staying in Tulum, so these are restaurants mostly down that way. For the PDC area, I remember Yaxche (a MUST apparently) and La Floresta (on 307) being the big votes.

Restaurants Top 10:

-Cueva del Pescador (Akumal) -Turtle Bay Cafe (Akumal) -Zamas (Tulum) -Lucy's Tacos (Akumal) -Posada Margherita (Tulum) -Don Cafetos (Tulum Beach) -La Vita e Bella (Tulum) -Charlie's (Tulum) -Lol Ha (Akumal) -Leo's Pizza (Chemuyil) -La Buena Vida -La Nave (Tulum)

We tried at least half of these. I remember liking Don Cafetos the best. (We actually went to the Don Cafetos Pueblo i/of the D.C. on the beach.)

As far as things to do and see, there's the "usual" stuff like Tulum, Xel Ha, Xcaret, etc. This last time we were down there we went to Coba for the first time. I really enjoyed that (rent the bikes!). We also went to a cool cenote out by Coba (I still prefer ocean-snorkeling, though).

I have not stayed at the Royal Haciendas, yet (we will be there in a couple of weeks), but if we don't rent a car, then we usually enjoy catching a ride from a "colectivo" on 307 (the highway). From what I've read the R.Haciendas is pretty far in from 307, so walking out to 307 might not be a feasible option. But maybe they have a shuttle that goes from the resort to 307? You just stand on the side of 307 that corresponds with the direction you would like to go...and when a bus or passenger van or whatever comes by you hold your hand out like you're wanting a taxi. If they have room/want to pick up passengers, then they'll stop. I think a regular "city-type" bus is about $1.00 for fare; some of the passenger vans might charge a little more and so you just need to tell the driver where you'd like to go and ask how much before you get on. I like using the colectivos as it helps immerse me in the culture a little more than just soaking up sun in a resort. :)

For Royal Resorts/The Royal Haciendas airport transfers--from what I've read Thomas More is the best option. I think I read it's $34 round trip/person for a shared van. That's a good price.

Hope you have a great time!

Julie B.
Jan 13, 2008

karenm539 wrote:
aliciag23 wrote:
What in the range of costs for the timeshares at Royal Haciendas when new?

Are you asking me what I paid for the week I have at the Haciendas?????? I don't mind telling you, just want to make sure the question. Alicia Alicia

Alicia G.
Jan 16, 2008

We are going to the Royal Haciendas for two weeks on March 15th. We went last year with friends in their timeshare and had such a wonderful time we bought our own unit for the same two weeks. Our unit is in phase II. Will anyone else on the board be there at that time?

I also have a question about posting the lockoff for rent do you happen to know if there is much success by posting it here at Redweek?

Thankyou for any info.

Elaine (now counting down to be in Paradise again.)

Elaine G.
Jan 16, 2008

Elaine - I am not a timeshare owner, but use RedWeek to rent units from owners for my own vacations. I am renting a lockoff unit at the end of this month from a RH owner - and I saw the listing here on RedWeek. So from a "shopper's" perspective, I can tell you that RedWeek is a great place to come.

Two great things about your ownership/unit is:

1) You have a specific week (I only contact owners who have a specific week to rent...otherwise it is highly unlikely that it would be available)

2) Your week is Spring Break week for a lot of people!!! I was on RedWeek just the other day looking for a RH rental for the week of 3/15-3/22!!! I am sure yours will be highly sought-after!

Best of luck!

Julie B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.