Apr 18, 2023

Were you able to cancel? I just stop paying but I’m scared what it will happend

Evelyn A.
Apr 18, 2023

What happend after this?

Evelyn A.
Apr 22, 2023

chevonq wrote:
I am going the same thing them not wanting to cancel it do too not been able to book some where the dates gone sold out I feel Like I been scammed it wasn’t a good deal at all I had my share since last year in haven’t even touch it wishing they can just keep the whole share not asking for no money back at all I’m not happy with the contract at all

What did you end that doing? I just want to stop paying.

Evelyn A.
May 04, 2023

I am going through the same thing. I signed on a Thursday and attempted to cancel on a Wednesday. It took weeks to get back to me and they said they could not cancel.....I went back and forth with my CC company and I eventually got my money back.

I had no heard from them for a few months and now they are bugging again saying "Your account is inactive, not cancelled, your membership will keep adding surcharges after a period of time, if we don't receive any response, your contract will be sent to collections. Has anyone here been sent to collections?

This whole thing has been such a headache!

Kimberly L.
May 05, 2023

kimberlyl411 wrote:
I am going through the same thing. I signed on a Thursday and attempted to cancel on a Wednesday. It took weeks to get back to me and they said they could not cancel.....I went back and forth with my CC company and I eventually got my money back.

I had no heard from them for a few months and now they are bugging again saying "Your account is inactive, not cancelled, your membership will keep adding surcharges after a period of time, if we don't receive any response, your contract will be sent to collections. Has anyone here been sent to collections?

Could you add a few more details please? When and where did you sign the contract? All you said is that it was on a Thursday. Which Thursday? Also, just calling the credit card company and reversing the charges doesn't necessarily rescind your purchase. To rescind, you have to send a rescission letter via certified mail to the address that was given to you in the owner's package within the time frame that the local law stipulates. So it's important to know where you signed the contract.

As for being sent to collections, yes, some have been sent to collections but for the most part, those are just bark and no bite.

Lance C.

Last edited by lancec13 on May 07, 2023 07:38 PM

May 05, 2023

This was at the beginning of the year, so months have passed. However on the 5th day (after signing) I sent an email indicating I wanted to rescind and I got an email back indicating, cancellation was not an option. I contacted my CC company and they refunded the money but then Palace Elite sent them the contract, so they charged me again. I went back and forth with a person named Juan via email and he finally said in the email "You can cancel, without a refund". I used that email as evidence that cancelling was in fact an option with my credit card company and I was refunded.

This all transpired in February and I did not hear anything from PE until this week. Juan emailed me this week stating for me to contact him, that he had a few options that we could work something out.

I have not responded, I just don't know what to do at this point.

And thank you for your response :)

Kimberly L.
May 07, 2023

kimberlyl411 wrote:
However on the 5th day (after signing) I sent an email indicating I wanted to rescind...

Juan emailed me this week stating for me to contact him, that he had a few options that we could work something out.

I have not responded, I just don't know what to do at this point.

The rescission instructions likely told you to end a letter via certified mail stating that you want to rescind. That's why we tell people here to follow your rescission instructions carefully.

As for "Juan" who encouraged you to "contact him, that he had a few options that we could work something out", the options were likely for you to modify but keep the sale.

Depending on how much you have already paid, your best option might just be to stop paying any more into this but you would lose all the money you have paid into this.

Lance C.
Jun 10, 2023

We stayed at moon palace grand cancun 3 nights on our 2nd day of stay we attended their meeting and signed the membership (on June 6th 2023 ) after thinking about it we decided that it’s not good for us and most of the things that said are not going to work for us so on June 8th I emailed them (memberservices@palaceelite.com.mx) a request to cancel the membership and no response from them. We had the number of the sales representative and we asked him and he is saying we can’t cancel the membership? We paid some advance and rest on zero apr loan. What is the best way to cancel this? They don’t have any clause about cancellation in the contract. We are USA citizens.

Saritha B.
Jun 11, 2023

sarithab wrote:
WE.....signed the membership (on June 6th 2023 )

......on June 8th I emailed them (memberservices@palaceelite.com.mx) a request to cancel the membership and no response from them.

.....sales representative and we asked him and he is saying we can’t cancel the membership?

.......They don’t have any clause about cancellation in the contract. We are USA citizens.

If you signed it on June 6th, then today is your last day to rescind. You have five days to do so after signing the contract. The instructions for rescinding should be in the package you received. Also, it should tell you to send in a letter to a particular address and not to e-mail it.

As for the sales representative, he probably told you a pack of other lies in order to get you to sign the contract. Telling you that you can't rescind (cancel) your purchase is just another lie. You have the right to rescind your purchase within 5 days of signing. Reread your contract carefully telling you what you must do to rescind.

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.